The best worst thing you'll see all week: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

Title The best worst thing you'll see all week: Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance
Author Tom Chick
Posted in Movie reviews
When June 25, 2012

If you're going to see an awful movie about a dude with a flaming skull for a head riding a flaming motorbike, this is probably the one to see. Not to say it's good. It's not. It's laughably bad..

Read the full article

Stan Lee didn't create Ghost Rider, which is why I suppose he didn't make a cameo.

Idris Elba can continue being cool for exactly how long he wishes to be cool. Because he's Idris Elba. Luther says hi (I'm sure you've seen it). But you're right to pick up on that as the key issue. And not to focus on why Christopher Lambert has ended up as a bit part.

C.

PS - Ghost Rider is a guilty pleasure, Ghost Rider Two is something you should be deeply ashamed of. If they make a Ghost Rider 3 then I'm sure liking it will be a war crime.

Elba also slummed in NBC's The Office.

Have you seen Luther, Tom? (The British cop drama, streamable on Netflix.) If so, I think you'll understand when I am prepared to forgive him any number of Prometheusi and Ghost Riders.

Wait, is this a sequel to Ghost Rider? Yeesh.

20 years ago, Christopher Lambert would have played the Ghost Rider. 10 years ago, Christopher Lambert would have played the Edgar Winters villain. Today, he shaves his head and plays the guy who gets killed off after one scene. What has the world come to?

I haven't seen Luther yet, but Netflix simply will not shut up about it. I expect I'll be giving in soon.

What? There was a bee...thought it was going to sting your face

Why does the name Idris Elba sound Tolkienesque to me?