The Biden Won & it's OVER, Deep dish pizza is delicious, & Gilmore Girls is awesome thread

Not bad…

Okay now we’re talking!

That bullshit should not be legal.

Money are people too, you know.

Bribery is speech.

Meanwhile another one of the 10 House Republicans who voted for impeachment has had enough of the Big Lie bullshit and is leaving. Anthony Gonzalez from NE Ohio said he could have beaten his Trump-chosen primary opponent, but Kevin McCarthy’s sniveling cowardice and the death threats to family made it no longer worth the bother.

Reality is he prob would have gotten blown out in the primary. Grievance and fascism is all most Republicans have left.

Your soup is very thick.

Not sure if @triggercut ever ate there, but that reminds me of Gepetto in Georgetown to a degree taht is making me salivate.

I haven’t, but I’ll put it on my list. :)

Pi in DC is a franchise of Pi in St. Louis that does real authentic Chicago deep dish. It’s fantastic.

And I’m working out a way to get a buddy in Chicago to send me a couple of Pequod pizzas from Chicago by December…

I’m pretty sure Pi in St. Louis licensed their cornmeal dough recipe from what used to be called Little Star Pizza here in the Bay Area. They’re now called Blue Line Pizza and it’s amazing.

I had no idea about that connection, but you’re right! I found this snippet in a 2015 story about the St. Louis Pi location on the Loop:

“Friends of ours own a pizzeria in San Francisco called Little Star Pizza, and we brought this great recipe from San Francisco and then created Pi around the recipe,” said Frank Uible.

Gino’s East was the first picture, Pequod’s was the second.

Yeah, I thought so. I went to Washington University (long, long ago) and lived a block from the Loop for a couple years so that story stuck with me!

That’s what I expect the military to try to do if we ever get to thsi nightmare scenario.

What you’d likely see is eventually individuals in the military will decide their orders are unconstitutional, with unconstitutional being defined as “actions of the side they hate”, as the country continues to descend into chaos and armed militias.

It will not be clean, neat, or pretty, and I want no part of it.

I hoped to never live in a society that the only way to go on living is to keep on winning, but we’re there now.

The reason Trump is so useful to the GOP is that they want to slump toward autocracy. They need useful idiots on their side to make the first step that they can rally around. It’s why everyone keeps kicking the fraud can around, they’re looking for useful idiots who happen to have power to pick it up. Trump is an idiot who says things they can rally behind.

There’s not going to be a “coup” like people think. It’s going to be a muddled lawsuit mess where the facts get lost in the paperwork shuffle between arguing over jurisdictional authority between local, state and federal agencies, between state and federal courts. The GOP needs useful idiots to set in motion de-certification or tossing out votes or whatever the exigencies of the election are, then they can devour the election procedurally.

If the military ever does ‘come to the rescue’ then that is a junta, anyway.

This, 100%. Storming the Capitol Building was some bullshit “we already know we lost and now we’re just pissed off” MAGA crowd antics. The real “overthrow” will happen in board of elections facilities, statehouses and courtrooms in swing states where the GOP has legislative control. It is already underway, as the GOP has censured, fired and run off anyone who stood up for actual election integrity and rule of law in 2020 and replaced them with MAGA flunkies who will toss out votes, reassign electors and refuse to confirm results in the name of God Emperor Trump.

Unless Trump chokes to death on a hamberder between now and November of 2024, the next Presidential Election is going to be a clusterfuck of epic proportions that could take months to sort out in court, right up until some of the states get to the SCOTUS…and then guess what happens? Hint : It is not rule of law, not unless Biden can expand and pack the court before 2024.

I mean in theory it is the rule of law except for that lies accepted as truths part, which is where the useful idiot first movers come into play.

The fundamental problem with the US legal system is that it’s a legal system that follows the letter of the law and not the spirit of the law. If the key lies that are accepted as first principles worm their way into the political system than they can just shit eating grin their way to future power and be the “law and order” party the whole time.