The Bitcoin Saga

I’m still iffy on buying some miner’s card that’s been duct-taped to a cardboard box with 50 other identical ones running at 100% utilization 24/7 for the last 6 months in some sex dungeon/tech firm’s basement in China.

Depends what price they’re getting their electricity at, probably.

I find your ideas intriguing, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Everyone knows that sex dungeons provide optimal… let’s call it “humidity” … for GPU bitcoin mining.

You can pick up the first issue free at my place! Just come at night and don’t tell anyone where you’re going.

Those 1080ti’s could still be under the manufacturer’s warranty. Whenever the cooling fan revs up during a match of LoL, don’t associate its noise with the noise of hundreds of other cooling fans masking the agonizing moans of the dying.

Am I supposed to know who any of these people are?

If you’ve been around here a while you may remember Cheong as our own Sol Invictus. After a dramatic heel turn during Gamergate, these days he peddles fake news to the alt-right.

Where nothing can go wrong. Go wrong. Go wrong. Go wrong. Go wrong.

Dozens of entrepreneurs, made newly wealthy by virtual currencies, have moved to the island to avoid taxes on their fortunes — and to build a society that runs on blockchain.

https://i.imgur.com/JqYTmjn.gif

Well, there’s the setting of the next Bioshock.

Would you kindly stop starving to death.

This was the greatest thing to wake up to.

Found out one of my brothers I don’t get to talk to very often (and who has had a gambling addiction for at least thirteen years) recently found out about Bitcoin and put some money into it. Conversation went a bit like this:

“Bitcoin dropped quite a bit recently, and right after your big buy-in. What are you planning to do?”

“Yea, well the rest of the market dropped yesterday too, or aren’t you paying attention? Everything is down, this is normal. This was just a temporary correction and it all bounces back eventually.”

I learned a long time ago there’s no use talking about money with him, so all I can do is nod and listen.

Cognitive dissonance ain’t just a river in Egypt.

Yeah but if they crash you still have some great tulip bulbs! Same with Beanie Babies, the Bitcoin of the late 90s.