The Black Lives Matter movement

The backlog issue seems to be the problem. If you are poor and can’t afford bail, you cannot just sit in county jail while you lose your job and/or apartment. That pressure makes a lot of people plead to a lesser charge just to get on with their lives.

Samantha Bee recently had a story on the problem. The difference in outcomes based on access to good lawyers and money is appalling.

Well we’re supposed to have rules and laws in the country about speed trials and what now, maybe it’s time to do the same thing with these labs. If they can’t get to it fast enough, they should let them out. We’ll either have to fit the bill as a community to up the capacity of these labs or risk letting people out who probably shouldn’t be out, in some cases.

Why anyone should be in jail for possession of drugs is beyond me.

Under the influence? Let’s look into that. Possession? I just don’t care.

He’s Laotian but I think BLM really does cover more than one group since it has the too portion implied.

It’s a little unclear but it looks like officer two actually turns off his radio too, on the left, on purpose.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article129656854.html

Last I heard, yelling at a police officer is not actually against the law.

But Martin admitted to being rude and escalating the situation when he asked Craig why she didn’t teach her son not to litter, instead of checking if the boy was OK.

“I regret my choice of words,” Martin said. “I shouldn’t have asked her that.”

Laws don’t apply to police officers.

[quote]
DeRay Mckesson and four other Black Lives Matter leaders are named as defendants in the suit filed Friday on behalf of one of the officers wounded in the July 17, 2016, attack by a black military veteran, Gavin Eugene Long, who killed three other officers before he was shot dead.

The suit doesn’t name the plaintiff, but its description matches East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Deputy Nicholas Tullier.

The attorneys representing Tullier previously sued Black Lives Matter and Mckesson on behalf of a Baton Rouge police officer who was injured at a protest over a deadly police shooting last July.[/quote]

[quote]
Friday’s lawsuit claims Mckesson was “in charge of” a July 9 protest that “turned into a riot.” Mckesson “did nothing to calm the crowd and, instead, he incited the violence” on behalf of Black Lives Matter, the suit alleges.

The suit describes Long as an “activist whose actions followed and mimicked those of” the sniper who killed officers in Dallas days earlier. The suit also claims Black Lives Matter leaders incited others to harm police “in retaliation for the death of black men killed by police” and “all but too late” began to denounce the shootings of police after the Baton Rouge attack.

“Obviously, at this point talk show hosts were holding them responsible, and they were having to defend the blame and responsibility for what they had caused whether in whole or in part,” the suit says.[/quote]

Pretty sure if this works out for them, we should have a few lawsuits directed at Trump too since he incites violent idiots all over the place.

Bakersfield police say they mistook the 5-foot-2, 115-pound Hargrove, age 19, for a suspect who was described as being a 25- to 30-year-old bald man with a goatee, who stands at around 5 foot 10 and weighs 170 pounds.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/07/12/i-told-him-i-cant-breathe-police-punch-teen-girl-after-mistaking-her-for-black-male-suspect/?utm_term=.e57c33a6d579

My ‘favorite’ part
“While Hargrove was in the backseat I asked what her name was and when she provided it as ‘Tatyana’ I said, ‘Don’t lie to me, that’s a girl’s name. What is your name?’ ” the police report stated. “Hargrove said, ‘I’m a girl, I just don’t dress like one.’ This was when I first discovered she was a female.”

All black people look alike to that guy.

He should’ve asked for her pronoun while the dog had her pinned.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/oldest-surviving-tuskegee-airman-102-talks-racial-discrimination-it-hasn’t-stopped/ar-AAoL6ep

“I just have to ask ‘Why?’ ” Jowers, who was an engineer during his time as an airman, tells PEOPLE. “We proved all those years ago that black men and women weren’t dummies, we showed the nation that we are capable of doing a job and doing it well, but racism — it just hasn’t stopped.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/louis-trumanti’s-wife-called-911-to-say-he-was-having-a-heart-attack-the-police-came-and-broke-his-back/ar-AAoT4Ry

For Louis, it comes down to right and wrong.

“I never, ever beat anybody up, been drunk in public, had any issue with the police, done anything. I live for my son and my wife, my family, and I work hard. I don’t expect this to happen to me or anybody for that matter.

“How is it that no one can say, 'We’re sorry and that was wrong’?”

“It’s insane. I have to see doctors and a physical therapist and also someone for PTSD now. I’m back at work, but I can’t talk about it with anyone there. There’s no support group for this. And when I tell my black friend, he just says ‘that’s how it is.’

“That’s not right. That’s not how it should be. I’m trying to tell white people: they’re coming for you, too, bro.”

Quote from Kenny Easley’s NFL Hall of Fame induction speech last night:

“Black lives do matter,” Easley said. “And all lives matter, too. But the carnage affecting young black men today from random violence to police shootings across this nation has to stop. We’ve got to stand up as a country, as black Americans, and fight the good fight to protect our youth and our American constitutional right not to die while driving or walking the streets black in America. It has to stop. And we can do it.”

Good for him.

I heard someone point out yesterday how when crack was rising in the 80s and 90s, the users are considered criminals who all needed to be locked up.

Now, the users of opiates are victims, and it’s an “epidemic”. The main difference is the color of the people using the drugs.

See also, Rioters vs Protesters, Looters vs Survivors or Young Men vs Thugs.

Shocking.

I had a similar incident to this yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgEr_qOnpN4

I was up in Payson, AZ for a job. In town, I made eye contact with an elderly lady and so smiled and said “it’s beautiful country up here” to which she replied “get the fuck out of my face”.

Some days I really tire of being a non-white person living in America. These days, especially.

As I understand it, there was a tremendous racist backlash to Brown vs Board of Education in 1954 and to the later passage of the Civil Rights Act. I guess the election of our first black President had the same two steps forward, one step back effect.