The Black Lives Matter movement

I wonder how much of that money went towards building a bunker.

This isn’t really BLM related, but I figured this was the best thread to put it.

That is effed up. So it comes down to a higher base stress level, maybe?

Higher stress levels due to systemic racism.

That was… difficult to read. Thank you for sharing.

Not sure where to put this but I hate people in this country that are like this. He better get charged with attempted murder.

“It is just absurd that this happened,” says Oakland County Sheriff Michael Bouchard. “I feel terrible for the young man; I feel terrible for the mom and the anxiety that they had to go through. We are going to ask for every charge permissible for this guy, who stepped up and fired a shotgun because someone knocked on his door.”

Right now that man is being held at the Oakland County Jail. He’s expected to be arraigned sometime on Friday.

Sources tell FOX 2’s Randy Wimbley the 53-year-old Rochester Hills man is a retired Detroit firefighter.

This guy who tried to shoot a child for knocking on his door might have been a firefighter?.. and then they want to know why some black communities have mistrust towards these entities.

Oh and the only reason they even believe this kid is because it was record. You know if it wasn’t they’d make up some story about him being armed and breaking in.

Not even in the middle of the night…right in the fricking morning. That’s some crazy shit. Glad he wasn’t hit.

I probably won’t express this too well but what sticks with me with some of these encounters is… 10/20 years from now that young man might be in a Black Lives Movement and people will be why, things are fine, why does he think he needs to do this, how dare he… or they might say well he just needs to get more involved in government, not protesting but campaigning like… knocking on doors. Anyone think of a reason why someone might be hesitant to knock on a door after that?

I mean sure, people overcome worse things and even stuff on the same level but the issue… every person of color on this planet should be expected to be extraordinary. If this young man told me walked away from this while being hesitant to walk up to houses or talk to neighbor out of the blue later in life… he wouldn’t be deficit in anyway, but people will automatically assume he’s less than because he’s not more than.

Jeffery C. Zeigler, 53, was charged with assault with intent to murder and possession of a firearm in the commission of a felony in a video arraignment from jail before Rochester Hills District Judge Julie Nicholson. The assault charge can carry a penalty of any term of years up to life in prison and the firearm offense carries a mandatory two-year sentence.

“There’s a lot more to this story that will come out,” Zeigler said, before Nicholson cautioned him about saying anything more without his attorney present.

Nicholson entered a not-guilty plea for Zeigler and set a $50,000 cash assurety bond, no 10 percent. Bond conditions include no contact with the 14-year-old boy or his family; keeping at least 10 miles from the teen’s residence; no use of alcohol or controlled substances and random testing; surrender of all firearms or weapons to the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office; mental health counseling at least twice a week; surrender of his passport; and instructions not to leave the state of Michigan and to notify the court of any address changes.

At least they weren’t shot

Ugh, where the hell was this?

White people, at least some of them, are racist.

If this is true, it went from “likey legal, but shitty and likely to get someone fired,” to “dumpster fire of epic proportions.”

Or, you know, ask them if they could get them anything, at which point they probably would have said, “we’re just waiting for a friend”. Of course, the fact that another one of those people was about to show up would surely have induced panic.

Idiot was almost certainly a Trumpista.