The Black Lives Matter movement

The image thumbnail on that tweet makes it look like that guy is wearing an American flag KKK-style pointy hood.

Hey, they’re just celebrating Michigan’s uh Confederate heritage?

Way back in my High school days you couldn’t shut down the school with a bomb scare. Now you can just park outside.

My junior high had a student strike and walk out by a group of students led by a kid whose aunt was big in the UFW. Maybe a hundred students blocked the road in front of the school. They never closed the school.

#BothSides

Texas + charter school = #smh

“A Balanced View” FFS. Jesus, what rock do these idiots crawl out from under.

I guess this means next semester’s lessons on A Balanced View of 9/11, the Holocaust, and the Lincoln assassination have been cancelled.

Haha, a balanced view of slavery? You can’t make this shit up.

I’d say that kid’s paper gave an accurate ‘balanced view’.

This tracks with that textbook the other day talking about how their lives weren’t all bad. Was that also in Texas?

Since Texas gets it’s own version of textbook and several other southern states and private groups use it, maybe. Texas schools are somewhat frequently in the news for relabeling slaves as “workers.” They’re try to demonize the publisher, and who knows, maybe the publishers are partially at fault for letting them do this sort of thing… but Pearson, McGraw, some private company… it’s the state that is pushing this and has been for years.

Thread.

That’s terrifying. Guy is alive thankfully. But do they have any recourse, really?

That’s the problem, bad behavior in this case is highly unlikely to be corrected.

That’s horrific.

Good for him for not reaching for that phone. I don’t know why would anyone would do anything more than stand there with their hands in the air or on their head, whatever, at this point.

I had a friend get pulled over by cops with guns drawn and screaming at him to put his hands out the window, etc. He was terrified. It turned out to be a false alarm, they thought his car was that of a subject that just robbed a nearby business.

In all these cases it just takes a tiny thing going wrong for the situation to end really, really badly. I’m glad this guy is okay, that’s scary as shit.

Waiting for the, there must be more to the story spiel.

He’s already hand-cuffed in a parking lot… what is he going to do at that point except be physically abused by the police who have him in their custody?