The Black Lives Matter movement

I asked that before I found this other article. This one suggests the women knew what they were doing. They were just new to that club.

I believe my wife has golfed there before, as part of a golf course at the local college.

That’s all I know about Golf and really all I want to know about the silly sport. All in all, I find this tangent about actual golf to be rather tiresome.

It’s not really a tangent though. The context matters here. If golf has this understanding, then it’s less likely they were removed because of their race although the calling of the police might be questionable in that area.

I think it has been argued successfully that calling the police is an extreme response and likely connect with the incredible levels of racism that exists in York County. Really, a horrendous amount. It’s really kind of a shitty county.

Well, there are some weird things about that case.

First, the fact that they were playing with 5 people. This is generally not allowed, specifically because it will result in slow play. Normally, the only way the starter will put you out on the course as a 5-some is with some special OK from the clubhouse. I wouldn’t expect this on a course with people behind you, but if they did, I would generally expect them to say something along the lines of “make sure you keep things moving.”

After such an agreement, I could see rangers on the course noting that they were playing slow… generally, if they spot you playing with 5, that’s gonna draw the attention of the rangers, because it’s atypical.

That being said, it seems like calling the cops was weird. One thing to note, racism was likely not the only thing at play here. You’ll often see a lot of chauvinism on golf courses as well.

If I had to guess, I would imagine that this started off with the young ranger getting a little dickish when talking to the ladies playing, because he saw them playing with 5, and playing slow, and it triggered his “wtf are these idiots doing out here.” Then, because he was kind of dickish, that caused the women to react to it, which then caused things to escalate and spiral out of control.

Ultimately, the source of the problem would have been the dickish ranger, but at the same time, I understand that there is an annoyance when folks are on a golf course and they aren’t following the rules. It detracts from the game, and its kind of like someone coming into your house and not treating it with respect. I say this not as an excuse, but just as maybe some insight into what caused all this.

And this is why i am saying spending extra time talking about golf, and sure a few side remarks about the courses happened but it’s not a huge derail is important.

The right and the I refuse to change group believe that every time a non-white person is involved in something the “race card” is used, which is not true. In order to try and make sure that not every incident is a labeled as a reason for BLM, you actually have to stop some time and talk about it.

I promise you I am not the only person who is going to read these articles and make some assumptions simply because I don’t know what goes on with golf. I get the impression, especially in the black community, in addition to women in general, it’s not a top sport that everyone just knows. I would like to think some people would stop, like I did, and ask…

But part of the reason I posted this article is to combat this idea that if you call the police, they HAVE to arrest someone. That’s simply not true. The police are allowed some judgment calls in these things. They’re not security guards.

Nothing else makes sense though. It was somebody afraid of 5 black women.

And as an aside, 18 holes of golf can be played in three hours, or it can take five and a half. It all comes down to conditions (such as day of the week, time, members in group, ability to play etc).

Well I think what the employee did was wrong, and that may had something do with them being women or being black or both. I just think that it’s also important to know that being asked to leave a golf course is not entirely unusual which makes this a little different from say the Starbucks case.

If you want to learn to play golf, check out a local community college. That is where I learned. At the end of the course we all played nine holes of golf. Time on a driving range will help. City recreation facilities may also offer golf lessons.

My wife took golf at the local community college. She enjoyed it.

tl;dr: A black man and his companions were told to pay before being served at a sit-down restaurant. In the resulting lawsuit, the restaurant said that was their policy for everyone except “regulars” since they were having issues with “Dine & Dash” bill-skippers. The problem with that of course is that (a) no one other than these men seem to have been included in that “policy” and of course (b) one of the men involved was a “regular”.

So where are the websites exposing these racist shitbags by name? Only public shaming will decrease this behavior.

Well, the $10,000 fine probably doesn’t hurt either.

I’ve eaten at that restaurant. I am not a regular. I was not asked to prepay for the meal. Unsurprisingly, I am not black.

I don’t mean just the business, but the individuals and their names. I’m not asking for doxxing, but first and last name, yeah.

How does that serve anything?

Just knowing the name of the establishment would be enough.

It puts their names out there as people who are perpetrating racist BS. Public shaming, as I said.

I realize it’s not going to happen because some psycho would go in and do violence to said employees. But in a better world, that would be my solution.

It opens them up for doxxing, something I wouldn’t wish upon anyone. Name the business, that should be enough to punish them.

Yeah nothing worse than doxxing, except, you know, blatant racism. Why shouldn’t they be publicly shamed? Racism is pretty damn public, ongoing, and scarring which also makes it a permanent experience.