The Black Lives Matter movement

Don’t trust the public not to target the wrong people.

If you don’t wanna be doxxed for racism, there’s one super easy way to prevent it.
Don’t say racist shit on the internet.

And we all know that everyone who gets doxxed deserves it because the type of people who do shit like that take the time to make sure they are doxxing the right people.

Man you guys like the vigilante idea.

Maybe if we didn’t spend the last 80 years trying to protect the identify of secret racists, we wouldn’t have such a problem today.

I’m tired of bending over backwards trying to make it comfortable for people to be racist. And those individuals who come forward, you better believe the ones receiving the racism are going public and are going to get some backlash and take risk in doing that too. They’re basically targets for organized racists.

So you would have the owners doxxed, how about the waitress and the bus boys since they probably knew about the practice, and of course the hostess since she sat everyone. Damn let’s just dox all of their families as well since no doubt they are racists as well.

And then we can hang them. Since they all must be guilty.

Wouldn’t ruining their business be enough?

I am not advocating for doxxing. I am advocating for them being publicly shamed. If doxxing happens, then maybe we should do something about the doxxing, but in order to get justice they’re forcing their victims to go public with their experience, and that is not always a positive experience for them either.

If they get doxxed well, accidents happen. Naming the store is enough. Boycott it, protest it, make the place a graveyard. They will get the message.

And you believe this works despite the fact it keeps happening and has been happening for years because why?

You do realize for every one person who says this happened to me there are probably tens if not hundreds of others who just quietly let it happen right? We’ve been trying it your way for years. It does not work.

Isn’t doxxing relatively new, I mean nobody was doxxed during the 60’s?

I get your point. You don’t seem to get mine. If you prefer vigilante justice then just start throwing out the names of people. Whether you are sure of their guilt or not. just do it.

PS…I have to go to work, so sorry to end it on such a short note. :)

Doxxing is absolutely new, and it’s not something I advocate for. Public shaming is not new, and we, as a country, seem hesitant to shame blatant racism and put the burden of of trying to address race based problems mostly on the shoulders of people who experience but… are not really willing to support them when they do come forward.

I think that’s a problem. I don’t actually know what the best solution is, but I know what we have been doing doesn’t work. And if someone is asking me to post my experiences of racism to the world, cross my fingers, and just hope other people care enough to carry it or they don’t turn around tell me to grow a thicker skin, not to be so sensitive or maybe there is “more to the story” that maybe, at the very least, if I have to go public maybe they should have to go public too; they’re the reason we’re in this mess to begin with.

No worries. Work always supersedes forum discussion ;-)

Some food for thought:

Some good/bad news.

Bad news, the 4Chan pea-brains successfully managed to corrupt the voting process in a NASA-sponsored science contest because they were upset that one team was (1) all-female and also (2) dark-skinned.

Good news, NASA detected the manipulation, stopped public voting and made the decision themselves, so the girls’ project has made it to the finals.

I wish I could say I am surprised, but… on the one hand I am because NASA not only caught it but made it right.

Sounds like a timely and important project they created too.

Hope this isn’t considered an inappropriate derail, but I didn’t want to start a new thread. Two American Indian kids who were in a tour of Colorado State University had someone call 911 on them because they looked different and didn’t answer someone else on the tours questions.

Anonymity should not be allowed on the Internet, IMO. But people insist on championing it. I do not equate freedom of speech with freedom of anonymity. I think a true and public profile (if you decide to go on the Internet) should be a civic duty, like voting.

Not everyone agrees with me.

I don’t think it’s a derail. It really is and has always been Black Lives Matter too. There are a number of groups that fact similar problems. I don’t remember what other toipc this is under, but it is in another one. Also… I don’t know what makes those t-shirts “dark.” They look like two young guy just wearing t-shirts.

Meanwhile…
https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/03/us/american-university-student-lawsuit-anglin/index.html

This needed to be somewhere, so I’ll put it here.

YouTube suggested this to me after watching “This is America” and it’s not bad.