The Black Lives Matter movement

Students passed out in some room, on some chair, in the hall… none of that is even unusual. Oh It’s Yale, well then of course black people don’t belong there.

I can’t think of a truer statement. I napped all over the damn place if I had huge layovers between classes. Thank god I’m awesome and white.

Seriously, people sleeping in chairs/couches/seats in dorms/classes/college buildings generally is so common that I can’t believe this was motivated by anything other than pure racist hatred.

Maybe Lolade Siyonbola was singing “Get Paid” by Young Dolph in her sleep. I hear that song is a no no in some places.

What the fuck is up with whites calling the police for anything that makes them feel a teensy bit uncomfortable?

This is getting sick.

They’re our personal army.

Honestly, white people, what the fuck is up with that?

Guys, I don’t know if you’ve noticed but there’s a black woman posting IN THIS THREAD. I’m getting a little nervous but not sure what I should do…are there internet police?!

Relax, if recent events are any indication, she’s not a threat unless she’s asleep in a dorm’s common room.

What saddens me is that I bet incidents like this were tenfold and less present in the media not too far back. Like the #MeToo movement we’re just starting to see wider acceptance and coverage at this time.

Heh, I don’t know if every person’s life experience, but I’ve had someone threaten to call the police on me… for really stupid reasons like…

As teen while wearing a trenchcoat in the mall, this was become Columbine by the way and everyone was wearing them then, it was a thing. Once while looking for hot cocoa in Walmart, they moved it and I didn’t know what aisle it was so some old woman claimed I was stalking her when I kept looking up and down the aisle quickly to find it… Once while trying to make a return, with a receipt.

The number of times security has followed me in a store… can’t even count them. I’m not even that dark which is why stupid people call me Mexican, but apparently those same stupid people call Native American’s Mexican too.

download

You know, I feel bad now, because I laughed at that.

If you legalize weed, maybe some of these people would chill the fuck out.

They’re the sort that will never smoke it and then brag about how drunk they got last night to everyone on the planet.

I am glad I don’t know any white people.

“It was based on their rudeness and lack of good nature that caused her to call the police. It had nothing to do with being black,” she told the paper.

I don’t know why some people think politeness is required.If rudeness is all it takes to call the police and accuse someone of a crime, well I think there would be a lot more calls than there are… assuming this new rule applies to people who are not black of course.

I don’t know the someone calling because they see unfamiliar people going in and out of a neighbors house is necessarily bad, but I question whether it would happen if this group was mostly white and hadn’t waved back.

Maybe if the neighbors call the police enough times the Airbnb owner will get shitty ratings and be unable to rent it to even more random people. #airbnbnannoysmetodeath

As for neighbors calling the police because the people were black, not a clue, so I’ll err on the side of caution and go with yes.

I run an airbnb. Schoolboy error not making sure the neighbours are at least aware of it.