The Black Lives Matter movement

This is the photo the investigators had to go on, plus the fact the woman thought the guy was not a resident of the area:

http://c-7npsfqifvt34x24x78x78x78x2euscjnhx2edpn.g00.sandiegouniontribune.com/g00/3_c-7x78x78x78.tboejfhpvojpousjcvof.dpn_/c-7NPSFQIFVT34x24iuuqx3ax2fx2fx78x78x78.uscjnh.dpnx2fjnh-6c26g4b1x2fuvscjofx2fte-2639276386-lrkeqfsq5p-tobq-jnbhfx2f861x2f861y533x3fj21d.nbslx3djnbhf_$/$/$/$/$/$

(If it won’t load, it’s also embedded here in the middle of this piece: Photo of black Vista resident walking his dogs makes him burglary suspect – note MSN didn’t include this picture in their “article” on the topic…)

From this distance, clothing color also appears similar. You can’t know (as you do now) that he isn’t the suspect until you declare him a person of interest and get tips, or find him yourself. Then you rule him out based on biographical information. Or you can just call the police racist for investigating any tips based in any way on skin color, which is where a lot of European countries are at the moment.

The person who was in the wrong here is the woman, who took a photo of the guy for basically no reason other than “he doesn’t belong here” and was black.

Uh, yes, you can know he’s not the suspect because he’s way shorter and smaller than the suspect.

Seriously, what exactly about that picture do you think looks like him?

The innocent dude is:

1. Way shorter
  2. Way smaller
  3. Way older

Explain, exactly, what you think the similarity is.

You can tell he is shorter from that distance?! The perspective throws things way off. Maybe higher-level law enforcement people could run the math on that, but that’s close. They also seem to have similar color clothes.

It sure took him long enough to make it to the BLM thread. Following Timex vs gman through the various P&R threads is what I imagine it’d be like to watch Roland fight the Man in Black throughout the dimensions (if I had read the books.)

You can’t possibly just want this to be an endless list of all the police injustices that Nesrie spots on MSN every other day. That would seem so dull. Admit it, you like it when someone objects to the outrage machine!

Yes, law enforcement officers are supposed to actually be able to judge things like height and build, as part of their training.

In terms of similar clothes, what’s similar? One guy is wearing a jacket and long pants, and he was wearing a t-shirt and shorts.

However, upon reading the story you just linked to, it would seem that the actual flaw lies in on the woman who took the picture of him with his dogs, and she gave that picture to the cops… so, that’s not the cops’ fault.

But it’s the fault of that woman, since he didn’t actually do anything other than walk his dogs on the street.

You can see he’s wearing shorts in that picture?? I can only make out the clothing color well. Regardless, the woman was in the wrong, but I think the cops did what they had to do.

What outrage machine, Nesrie in particular? MSN? BLM?

And people have tried to convince me to take you seriously. Heh. What a joke. The reason for your presence here is clear.

Both MSN/BLM are part of it, but I’m reminded that BLM started the “Hands up, don’t shoot” thing, which all indications are was a total fabrication. And it was perpetuated by sites like MSN. So you’ve got to check the facts carefully on these kind of claims.

To be clear, yes, the woman who took the picture was wrong. And the cops did nothing wrong here.

They were given a picture OF THAT GUY. I mean, it’s literally a picture of him, walking his dogs. So the cops questioning him is exactly what they should have done.

The woman who took the picture was the racist person, since she told the cops that he was suspicious (even though he lived there, and was literally doing nothing but walking his dogs).

Ultimately, this highlights a common issue for black people… that they are often seen as suspicious for literally no reason at all. It’s hard for white folks to really wrap their heads around this. I know it was hard for me to. But if you start looking into the kinds of stuff that black people deal with in this regard, it’s really fucked up.

Also: The Nextdoor app is hilarious, and I recommend it to everyone.

My neighborhood is entirely just lost and found pets. People losing cats, people finding random dogs, etc. But I know someone in Seattle, and their neighborhood is CRAZY. People screaming at each other over all kinds of stuff. It’s amazing.

I agree with you. But how can you tell the guy was wearing shorts?! What am I missing. Don’t tell me my eyes have gotten that bad?

The problem is mostly the woman, yes. He also doesn’t match their description of the suspect… at all.

The rather troubling thing about the woman is she photographed him before any burglary occurred. I could understand her photographing this person if there had just been a prowler and a report of a burglary, but it seems she did it pre-emptively.

Jesus Christ. You still around?

Personally, I think the main reason the cops should have totally ignored the woman’s call was that the guy is slowly walking two borzoi hounds.

I mean seriously. He’s just burgled a house and now he’s taking two fancy, high-maintenance dogs on a leisurely stroll of the same neighborhood?

What a great cover! You couldn’t even choose a better breed of dog if you were casing the neighborhood…

(I assume the sarcasm comes through here)

Ours is sort of in between. No outright hostility, just lots of passive-aggression going on.

Are you suggesting that every instance of police killing unarmed black citizens has been fabricated, or only some?

The circumstances have in many cases been misrepresented, so it’s important to check all the facts carefully. I’m not so sure I’d be happy if my local police department refused to follow up on their one lead on a local burglary (woman says guy is suspect in the neighborhood that same day) just because he is walking dogs. The problem comes into play when police force the issue – misleading lineups, inventing facts, harassing people, etc.

Not that Trump supports or Fox News people care, but BLM isn’t just about police. Of course they don’t put that on bullet points. It’s also disingenuous to think if the suspect had been white they would be questioning every person in the street who was a white male between 150 and 300 pounds, you know, just in case. Also between 20 and 50 and anyone who is around 6 feet to 7 feet tall.