The Black Lives Matter movement

What the hell is up with that anyway? Giving cannabis to your pets? To mellow them out or something? Then you come home and they are eating the couch cushions.

Can’t vouch for anything because I don’t know anyone who does it, but maybe it could help with pain like it does with people.

Yeah, certainly possible.

If my animals were in pain, and at the end of life, and my vet said here they can take whatever it is a pet can take from that plant and it could take their pain away with few side affects, I see zero reason not to do it. It’s the same for people. I generally don’t want people to suffer, and if this is the best option, take it, cancer, glaucoma… nerve damage… all of which pets can have too, or at least something like it.

But hey that woman is garbage. She wasted the cops time, and put a child in danger for nothing.

Right there with you on EoL issues.

Again, I’m seriously questioning whether she actually put weed in the pet supplies.

Who knows. The pet industry is booming, and I think it is largely unregulated. I get why someone would want to try though. I would try something like that through the vet than someone like this, but if the vet tried everything and the pet is still not doing well but not ready to put down… how could you not try?

Sure. But since it’s probably unregulated, it’d be way easier to put… NOT weed into the stuff, and sell it for the price of stuff that had weed in it.

And since it’s just being given to dogs and shit, they aren’t gonna be saying, “Hey man, I’m not feeling anything. I think you bought oregano.”

The price of weed is so cheap. I saw a sign here. it’s 5.00 a gram and down to 4.00 in Portland. I don’t really consider it a high grade item. I mean I guess she could just be selling tap water and that would be cheaper but adding cannabis is just not… expensive everywhere anymore.

edit: Oh i guess the newer articles are suggesting it’s down to 2.00 in some places, if you buy in bulk. It’s just insanely cheap.

That’s not fair.

You mean that weed has gotten cheap here in OR? I’ve never partaken myself–I think one time in college and actually “didn’t inhale”–but a LOT of dispensaries sprang up here in Portland. I guess that a lot of people got into the business thinking they’d get rich quick and ended up temporarily glutting the market.

Yeah I have no desire to feel something like that, not my thing but they’re everywhere and I don’t really judge people who do. If II was retired, didn’t have need to be employed someone else and just bored… maybe. When I am older, I may very well. feel differently. For now, if we want to save some resources, the federal government should just back off on this, waste of time, gives records to people for no good reason, just a mess.

Can we talk about Permit Patty for a second.

I see her request as reasonable. The kid was yelling on the street and making it hard for her to work at home, we have all had noisy neighbors. IT is reasonable to request that neighbors be friendly and responsible.

She says she respectfully asked the neighbors to quiet down, they said she came down and forcefully asked for a permit. I am going to assume it was a bit of both.

Also, regardless of situation, especially one in which nobody was physically harmed

She told media outlets that she has received death threats and sexually violent messages, and that people have tried to get into her building to confront her.

“All kinds of threats,” she said on NBC’s “Today” show while crying Monday morning. “Horrible, horrible images, and death threats.”

This is not acceptable.

I don’t think that’s really okay; no one says it was either, here anyway.

But here’s the thing. This is a child. My house was hit by a wiffle ball, twice this spring as kids were playing int he street. I had a conversation with the parents after it happened the first time. There was zero, zero seconds that I considered calling the police during that exchange. No one’s life was threatened. I don’t want someone showing up with a lethal weapon at hand, and when we had the exchange again they moved it further down the street.

She put that boy’s life at risk for an inconvenience, for nothing.

She was suffering through the same minor inconvenience that anyone who has lived with or next to kids has experienced – they can be loud sometimes. There are a bunch of ways to deal with that short of calling the police. Your worst-case scenario probably involves using a headset and closing the window.

Is she a racist, though? She’s getting the ‘racist asshole’ treatment, but she may just be a garden-variety, regular asshole. However, in a world where police shoot black people without consequence, I can understand why the child’s mother reacted as she did. Tamir Rice was just a kid playing, too.

And I totally agree that calling the cops is completely unacceptable. If your neighbors are too loud, tell them to be considerate, if they don’t stop, tell the apartment manager, if that isn’t enough put on some headphones for christ’s sake.

But I was talking about the death threats sent to this woman afterward. That is some FUBAR shit right there.

I think her asking for a permit makes her an asshole. Her calling the cops on black children probably suggests she is racist. Normal people don’t call the cops on young kids for just doing annoying kid things. They just don’t do that. Cops are for dangerous situations.

Yeah that’s too bad. There’s public shaming and then there is a line crossed with death threats.

Well, according to the story, she says she never called the cops, only threatened/pretended to.

Which is even worse IMO, to threaten someone with calling the cops, like they are your personal problem solver? Especially on a POC and her kid? With all that is going on in the US? Dangerous.

Don’t litter!