The Black Lives Matter movement

I think if Ving Rhames was my neighbor, I’d be aware of it.

I’m pretty sure they knew.

I’m kind of amazed the police didn’t, but I guess they really do all look alike. /s

I am blown away at the fact that i cannot even sit down and eat lunch peacefully. Today someone felt the need to call the police on me while I was sitting down reading, and eating in a common room at Smith College. This person didn’t try to bring their concerns forward to me,but instead decided to call the police. I did nothing wrong, I wasn’t making any noise or bothering anyone. All I did was be black. It’s outrageous that some people question my being at Smith College, and my existence overall as a women of color. I was very nervous, and had a complete metldown after this incident. It’s just wrong and uncalled for. No students of color should have to explain why they belong at prestigious white institutions. I worked my hardest to get into Smith, and I deserve to feel safe on my campus.

A bunch of fucking cowards in this country.

What the hell is wrong with racists? Is there no moment of self awareness? I mean when you drop the dime on someone because they are black wouldn’t you just think to yourself for one fucking moment, “wait, what have I become?”

Even doubly so, this is a women’s college FFS. A place of learning and FOR women, it should be the last place someone dehumanizes a fellow human being like Ms Kanout. I am sure she is devastated and wonders how many other people around her hate her because of the colour of her skin.

Its rage inducing. I honestly dont know how the victims of this manage to stay as cool as they do, I admire her for doing so. I would lose my shit.

Stay cool or get told it’s not the place to voice dissent. Stay cool or get told things aren’t as bad as all that. Stay cool or get shot.

Pretty much.

Because they can’t/won’t do it themselves, they get someone else (the police) to harass people for them. It’s kinda like “swatting” game streamers. Instead of getting a baseball bat and a few buddies to beat someone up, they get someone else to do it for them.

I imagine for some people the motivation is to feel superior by making someone else suffer - Bullying of sorts.

There’s a joke about Silicon Valley that all startups are just companies that do things that your Mom used to do for you (make dinner, drive you places, do laundry, etc).

So, I guess it’s of a piece that people also add harassing minorities to the list of things they outsource to avoid doing personally.

Uh… that’s not remotely what he was talking about.

He’s talking about how you go to prison for weed in almost every state.

Come sell in Iowa. After you get up to 50 years, let me know how that makes sense.

Also:

You say you grow weed. In Florida. Where it is illegal unless you’re growing it for yourself. You also claim getting a card is easy, which, in Florida isn’t remotely true.

Q: That’s a lot of mumbo-jumbo. I just want to know one thing. Who qualifies?

A: Patients who have cancer, epilepsy, glaucoma, HIV, AIDS, Crohn’s disease, PTSD, Parkinson’s disease, ALS, multiple sclerosis, or the ambiguous aforementioned “debilitating medical condition.” (For the foreseeable future, expect a lot of regulatory pushback and not many recommendations from physicians unless your condition is one named in the amendment.)

Then you talk about other countries as if that is relevant in any way. And you joined like half an hour ago and posted here, referencing a post from a month ago.

In short:
https://i.imgur.com/YxhCJAR.jpg

This is obviously an outlier example, but I think it points out how ingrained racism is in our society. Most people aren’t drunk/high enough to actually say “I’m white, let me off with a warning” but the subtext is there nonetheless in many cases.

I bet saying that has worked for her in the past.

Now there’s a pickup line.

How about we don’t make this some kind of sexist shit. Okay? She was wrong. She is an asshole. Isn’t that enough?

Yet another one.

What’s wrong with white people? Calling the cops because you want someone removed from your place of business because he’s arrogant and black? Will uppity be next?

Fucking disgraceful. Can we take a sliver of hope that at least these incidents are being more widely reported now? Or are they just growing in number?

It’s probably both. The racists and bigots are emboldened by Trump and the right. At the same time, it’s easier to prove what has been said, but the general population didn’t believe, for years.