The Black Lives Matter movement

Narrator: Do not try this at home.

Do not mess with

I just saw this (old news, I know), but the woman is clearly saying the guys hit the cops before the video starts. You can’t see that in the video, so maybe it’s true, maybe it’s not, but that’s certainly what she is saying.

You also can see the guy on the left going for one of the cops at the beginning (but by that time the cops are hitting the other guys, so also very unclear).

My coworker lives on that block, she told me they don’t like the people who hang out there, they’re always being fresh with the women.

The start is not clear cut, but the end is pretty clear. After they’re down, they continue kicking them. And everyone has to put in a ceremonial kick. Like that fat guy who tries to remove his jacket and decides to keep it on. That’s brutality. They are just showing who’s boss.

I agree, I don’t want to seem I’m justifying the brutality, which is obviously excessive, I was trying to translate the audio.

More like a gang initiation: they all have to participate in the abuse as a way to signify their conformity and prove they are complicit and committed to the blue-vs-all gang. If you don’t get your kicks in you might be a dirty rat looking out for civil rights or something.

Can’t a Trumpster just shop in peace these days without black people around, forcing them to unleash racial slurs?

Hope it was worth it to her.

It is unclear how the encounter began.

Maybe they were arguing over the last box of Cap’n Crunch. It’s the only reasonable explanation really.

You take it!

No, I like the roof of my mouth intact. You take it.

So… all charges against Jussie Smollet have been dropped.

As you might recall, he was indicted on 16 counts of making a false report [EDIT - technically felony disorderly conduct].

The article above doesn’t really make clear whether or not he’s being exonerated. Smollet’s family is claiming that this proves he was innocent and that the attacks were real to begin with.

The state doesn’t seem to think so though:

The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office said Tuesday that after reviewing the case, Smollett’s volunteer service and his willingness to turn his bond over to the city, “we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case.”

So he basically just paid a big fine in the form of his bond.

Maybe? His bond was only $10K… that’s not much of a fine for sixteen felony charges.

And given how high-profile this case was, it seems weird that Cook County would just up and drop all the charges. There’s gotta be another shoe left to drop here somewhere.

I don’t think there is another shoe. It’s more likely that they figured the evidence just wasn’t strong enough to convict, and Smollett’s punishment is basically torpedoing his career.

Chicago’s cops and mayor are PISSED about this. They were apparently not informed about dropping the charges.

I mean, it is probably just better that this is dropped.

Hopefully he’s learned his lesson and won’t get in trouble again.

If he actually did orchestrate this, then this is a travesty.

It’s about a 1 on the travesty scale.