The Black Lives Matter movement

Can’t a Trumpster just shop in peace these days without black people around, forcing them to unleash racial slurs?

Hope it was worth it to her.

It is unclear how the encounter began.

Maybe they were arguing over the last box of Cap’n Crunch. It’s the only reasonable explanation really.

You take it!

No, I like the roof of my mouth intact. You take it.

So… all charges against Jussie Smollet have been dropped.

As you might recall, he was indicted on 16 counts of making a false report [EDIT - technically felony disorderly conduct].

The article above doesn’t really make clear whether or not he’s being exonerated. Smollet’s family is claiming that this proves he was innocent and that the attacks were real to begin with.

The state doesn’t seem to think so though:

The Cook County State’s Attorney’s Office said Tuesday that after reviewing the case, Smollett’s volunteer service and his willingness to turn his bond over to the city, “we believe this outcome is a just disposition and appropriate resolution to this case.”

So he basically just paid a big fine in the form of his bond.

Maybe? His bond was only $10K… that’s not much of a fine for sixteen felony charges.

And given how high-profile this case was, it seems weird that Cook County would just up and drop all the charges. There’s gotta be another shoe left to drop here somewhere.

I don’t think there is another shoe. It’s more likely that they figured the evidence just wasn’t strong enough to convict, and Smollett’s punishment is basically torpedoing his career.

Chicago’s cops and mayor are PISSED about this. They were apparently not informed about dropping the charges.

I mean, it is probably just better that this is dropped.

Hopefully he’s learned his lesson and won’t get in trouble again.

If he actually did orchestrate this, then this is a travesty.

It’s about a 1 on the travesty scale.

Some interesting implications for the producers of Empire and Fox.

I’m in between this. I’m not gonna try to describe travesty. Let’s call it T=10 and NOT T= 0

I call this an 8.5.

He should be in jail. The FBI is looking at him sending himself a racist letter. No Shit!

There are bankers walking around lighting cigars with people’s life savings. There are cops walking around having murdered people. I can’t get too damned excited about this, sorry.

I mean, if there’s an entry in the textbook to illustrate ‘travesty of justice’, it better not be this.

I have a lot more to be pissed about than this guy, and the trial would only serve to keep the right wing nuts at Fox News erect for weeks. Not worth it over something with likely little evidence other than his word against theirs.

Every time some racist does something bad, you are going to have idiots talking about this guy and how racism is fake.

That’s true, but has less to do with him than the fact that they would respond thusly anyhow.

If this guy didn’t exist, they would do the same thing.