The Book of Boba Fett - The OG returns

I chuckled, even though the Mod pun didn’t click for me until @sharaleo 's Space Quest I/IV screencap a few posts before yours.

Knowing that the gang is comprised of mod-modders gives me a little more insight into their emotional lives. The last time I watched Saturday Night Fever, I did a little bit of research about it. The movie was based on a nonfiction magazine article. But the article’s writer only knew a little bit about the “faces” that dwelled on the disco floor. He made most of it up but based all the non-disco stuff on the British mod subculture that he did know about. So having seen Saturday Night Fever (but not knowing mod-specific stuff like, I guess, that Who thing linked above?), I can guess that Boba Fett’s new cadre of scouts are casually brutal if in an unorganized way, mostly out of work, deeply unhappy, and desperately seeking transitory pleasures… where they should be seeking something more concrete. And they’re a swoop, gang, yeah! They ride on swoops, gang, yeah!

(Sure, that was also obviously presented in Boba Fett Episode 3 and 4. I bring all the other stuff up because one of the pleasures of Star Wars to me is pegging the real life cultural touchstones that got thrown into the Lucasfilm blender, be it the WWII bomber-cams, the Kurosawa samurai flicks, the Errol Flynn swashbucklers, and I guess that Quadrophenia video @strummer linked above, etc. etc. Sometimes new additions to the blender are a little jar-jarring but I think the Star Wars galaxy is richer for it.)

Perhaps Ringo Starrkiller can find some kind of bridge between the Mods and the Rockers.