The Book of Boba Fett - The OG returns

Same. I have zero interest in it. It just looks bland to me.

Hype is the enemy of satisfaction and yet I find my anticipation of this rising.

I’m not sure what it’s going for, but I’ll watch it nonetheless.

I thought it was great and I had relatively low expectations since I’m not that into crime dramas.

I did not at all expect them to go into how Boba Fett got out of the Sarlac pit and what happened after that, but in retrospect, it made a lot of sense for them to cover that.

I have no real interest in this storyline, but if it’s good I’ll watch. @Dejin 's tiny review above “it was great” is enough to get me to give it a shot. I’m kinda easy that way.

So Boba Fett writes a book. Sounds boring. I’m in.

I thought it was pretty interesting. Some interesting storylines and I’m definitely excited to see where they go with it.

I love Mando, so it’s not shocking that I’m in, but I very much thing it’s going to be better than those initial trailers would have indicated.

At least they really improved on the writing from Mando… /sarcasm

The first episode is directed by Robert Rodriguez… which REALLY makes me want to avoid it.

But wait, it’s written by Favreau - that could be good, and his co-writer is… George Lucas. Yeah, I’ve got other stuff I can watch first.

The opening 6 minute (flashback) before the credits were good IMHO. Will report back on the rest tonight :)

Blimey, I will either watch it or not, couldn’t care who wrote it, co wrote it etc., life is way too short to worry about that crap, watch it or don’t is my motto, but if Bill from the Uk has a bit part I am definitely out and if Sue from Scotland is not in it I am definitely not watching it either.

Or I will just watch it and if it’s shit I won’t watch any more episodes like most shows I stop watching… It’s because I don’t like them

I’m pretty sure this writing credit is obligatory because it’s taking the bare elements of stuff Lucas talked about before with regards to the flashback stuff.

That actually makes me feel better about it.

So what you are saying is that you will use past experiences to inform future behavior? Wish I had thought of that…

I mean, it’s 38 minutes. I don’t have a lot of exposure to Rodriguez, but I remember complaints about the fight in the episode he directed of the Mandalorian, and I can see it as legitimate, and I didn’t notice anything jumping out as “bad,” but I don’t know what you associate with him specifically so I can’t say if it’s present in this or not.

But I mean…give it a chance. It’s half an hour out of your life to see if the show works for you or not.

I thought it was a solid start.

It’s perfectly fine. As mentioned whatever Ming is eating I need a basket full of it, she looks damned near younger than on SHIELD (which was a great seven season show with five bad seasons, if such a thing exists.) It fit what I expected for a kickoff episode, if it goes somewhere interesting that’s just gravy.

I liked that first episode after being quite jaded about the need for the series.

The “Under the Helmet” documentary was pretty good. It didn’t feel padded and hit plenty of high points, from the Holiday Special to the “you’ll shoot your eye out, kid” toy to the four or so lines of dialogue Fett had in the movies – everything except MC Chris’s “Fett’s Vette” song.

I hope I don’t get your expectations too high. I’ve been poking about various reviews and it seems like the overall consensus is that the episode was good, but not great.

I think my personal experience is similar to @rei’s. I especially liked it because I really wasn’t expecting to like it much at all and it very handily beat my low expectations. Plus after so long since the last live action Star Wars, it was just fun to be back in that universe.

I am very much looking forward to the next episode.

Low expectations is where I’m going in too. So if it’s just at the level of an Average Mando ep, I’m good.