The Book of Henry - Colin Trevorrow is directing Star Wars Episode IX?

I am in the camp that thinks that while it would be different, Eastwood could make an excellent Star Wars movie. Maybe a stark revenge tale about Boba Fett or something but I doubt he would work for one of the main story line movies. In fact I could see many directors with distinctive styles doing one off Star Wars movies. Like maybe they should have signed Guy Ritchie to do the Han Solo movie. Quentin Tarantino doing a crime movie about the Hutts. You get the idea.

Sweet, we have a camp? Who wants smores!

I have no idea about this film and I found Jurassic World to feel like a by the numbers summer movie but I doubt any director was going to do better. He delivered the movie the studio wanted. Also Safety Not Guaranteed was really good IMO so I think there’s talent there.

In the end the track record of Disney with the MCU, Sar Wars and coupe live action animated remakes show they have done a pretty dam successful job so far.

I think it’s a very astute point about the revolting Hollywood culture of handing little prince-ling boys who haven’t earned it the keys to the kingdom.

I don’t follow Star Wars closely enough to say, but I think it should go beyond on-screen choices.

Based on Jurassic World, Treworrow feels like a safe choice in that he’ll reliably produce connective tissue between set pieces the Disney production machinery pre-visualized before he had any input. Also based on Jurassic World, that connective tissue will be a hateful tonal nightmare of garbage.

(i kinda liked jworld)

Now I really want to see what a Michael Haneke Star Wars movie would look like.