The Book Thread - January 2016

I am currently reading the second book, about 150 pages in.

The Expanse show is very good, it just does the TV/Movie thing of inventing stuff to facilitate the story, which having just read the first book kinda bugs me. But it is well worth the watch.

He also wrote a short story in the same universe called How the Marquis got his coat back, which you can find the collections Rogues, co-edited by George R. R. Martin, or The Best American Science Fiction and Fantasy 2015, co-edited by Joe Hill.

I, at the end of last year, finished my backlog of unread paper books with Kushiel’s Avatar. So, this year I’ve finally started to make use of the Kindle I got for Christmas the year before last. And already I’m finding myself reading much more now that I’ve made the switch to e-books. So far, I’ve read:
[ul]
[li]The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman: solid Gaiman, not his best, but still enjoyable while it lasted.
[/li][li]The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi: I really liked this alot. A bit like a Neuromancer for the 21st century. Biopunk, more about the world building than the characters. How are his other books?
[/li][li]Penric’s Demon by Lois McMaster Bujold: A novella in the “world of the five gods” (Curse of Chalion, Paladin of Souls) that I can’t get enough of.
[/li][li]The Warrior’s Apprentice by Lois McMaster Bujold: Vorkosigan Saga. Good, but Cordelia’s Honor (Shards of Honor, Barrayar) was better.
[/li][/ul]

OMG yay, so glad you’re enjoying it!