The Boys - Superhero Vigilantes with Karl Urban

Interesting first episode. Cynical/dark take on superheroes that’s a nice change from the Disney MCU. Some cool scenes especially the fight with “translucent” man. Very much TV-MA, not for family viewing.

“Please continue the…Ice Capades.”

“…said the bishop to the nun.”

Karl Urban’s role of a lifetime. This show is more fun than all the marvel and DC movies combined.

And it is just glorious to see Lucas Hood in a role like this. So freakily bad ass.

Oh and I watched Better Off Ted few months ago so it was a nice pleasant surprise to see Lem here…poor guy.

I’m really enjoying this but there is a bit too much filler. I think it would have worked better as 6 episodes instead of 8. Tighten everything up a little. Still, it’s a lot of fun and the production values are excellent. Enjoyable ride so far.

Help me with this guys… reviews are that superheroes force women to have sex (rape) with them. I haven’t see the first episode but … if this is true (even in context) it’s a no watch for me. I sorta thought this looked interesting too…

Yes. I’ve only seen Episode 1. There isn’t directly any sexual violence shown, but it’s heavily implied and a direct plot point.

I haven’t watched any of the series yet, but there is plenty of forced sexual violence in the comic. Not just women, but men, dogs, etc.

Damn, Karl Urban. Why would you associate yourself with such depravity? Couldn’t you start a Dredd 2 Kickstarter, instead?

It’s edgelord Garth Ennis.

There’s a “casting couch” incident clearly implied in the first episode.

There’s also an attempted rape that gets prevented in the second episode. The show is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Violent adult show for adults is violent.

Finished the season and 10/10 from me. It shows human depravity and fucked-updness, yes. If you can’t handle that, don’t watch it.

From this I assume you read the source comics, how much of it does first season cover? How many seasons worth of material is there?

And could you elaborate on the differences? (in spoiler tags of course)

As an aside, it was already renewed for season 2before it began airing.

Dogs? Superheroes rape dogs? Are you kidding me? Is this like goatse stuff?

Good point. Should I be expecting animal violence? My wife doesn’t do well with that.

Other way around.

At least, Karl Urban’s character in the comics has a great big bulldog that has been trained to sexually assault on command. It’s kind of played for laughs but is…yeah.

But there was a running gag about a hamster that one of the supers had up his butt that our protagonist adopts.

I’m not done with it, but a lot of the full-on debauchery from the comics is toned down quite a bit.

It would pretty much have to be.

Not done with it yet, but I can try to hit some points from what I remember when I finish.

That must be some sharp writing to makes jokes that work about bestiality and rape.