The Brothers Grimm

Terry Gilliam, directing Matt Damon, Heath Ledger, and the sumptous Monica Belluci (who looks absolutely hot in lady’s medieval garb). How can you not get excited? (Easy, just hope it’s not another Baron Munchausen).

Images.
http://blackfilm.com/20050408/features/fs_brothersgrimm.shtml

I’m really looking forward to this one.

Speaking of Monica, I was watching Coppola’s Dracula on cable a few weeks ago and was surprised to recognize her as one of the three female vamps trying to seduce Keanu early in the film.

This one looks terribly exciting.

And Peter Stormare! Hopefully reprising his role as Satan. Also Jonathan Pryce. Good stuff.

What was wrong with Munchausen?

Anyhoo, this movie seems to have been delayed forever and its good to see its finally coming out (the trailer has actually been floating around for awhile).

The only thing that has me worried is that Gilliam is said to be unhappy with it. Granted I just skimmed that info from other movie message boards so it may not be accurate but I just hope we don’t have another Brazil-like butcher job of one of his movies.

Did that trailer voiceover really start with “In a world ruled by magic and superstition…”? Will this cliche never die? And can they hire a new voiceover dude? Maybe a woman?

Anyway, the movie does look cool.

Troy

Oh yes, this is the movie I’ve been waiting for all year. Terry Gilliam is awesome, and anyone who doesn’t like the Baron is a bad person.

Man, I dunno… I love Gilliam’s work and all, but this one really isn’t grabbing me.

FASCIST

Agreed, a bad person who kicks puppies and burns kittens. They’re going to the special hell…

I watched the trailer, and was thinking of Van Helsing throughout.

I feel very sorry for you because you (a) have seen Van Helsing and (b) were forced to think about it again. But then you made me think about it again, so now I hate you, fascist.

I feel very sorry for you because you (a) have seen Van Helsing and (b) were forced to think about it again. But then you made me think about it again, so now I hate you, fascist.[/quote]

Jeez, there’s a HUGE league’s worth of difference between Terry Gilliam and Stephen Sommers. As in, Terry Gilliam is a gifted director who has crafted some truly memorable and original movie moments. Whereas Stephen Sommers is a fucking worthless hack.

In that trailer, Matt Damon’s teeth (and accent) scare me.

I saw an interview with Stephen Sommers where he was talking about how innovative it was that he had all those movie monsters together in one film.

Since I can’t even list how many ways that is crap, I won’t even try.
I have spotted four so far.

Ye Gods, 39% on Rotten Tomatoes so far. I wonder which way that will shift when the big names start posting reviews.

Oh well, I’ll still see it.

Which I guess makes you an anti-fascist. Or should I say–commie.
[size=2]
Sissy commie, at that.[/size]

My favorite part was where he said that they were being really original for the werewolf transformation, since their werewolves tore off their human skin to be wolves underneath, and no one had thought of that before.

Well, I can think of the Werewolf TV show, In the Company of Wolves, and Native American legend, off the top of my head…