The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

That’s correct.

The season 2 trailer looks like a lot of fun.

Also. . .

Glad you mentioned this as I had no idea.

Damn, I kept trying to recall where I’ve seen her before (but obviously too lazy to look it up). It just goes to show that any question you might have will eventually be answered here somewhere.

Oh my. That looks sumptuous.

Watched the first two episodes of the second part and I really like how this is evolving.

I agree. It took me a while to get into it, mostly because I have to be in the right mood for an hour-long drama, but I’m digging the combination of angst, supernaturalism, and comedy. I finished the first part and started the second part this weekend. It has been unproductive but fun.

But I still say that Hilda and Zelda are reversed from what they should be.

I’m really not sure why I keep hate-watching this.

I’m about halfway through part 2 and they’re going really heavy on the “the patriarchy is evil but the bad kind of evil and not what this show is ok with” with literal jackbooted antagonists and it’s really turning me off from finishing. Of course since I’ve got at least one more flu day to be miserable through I probably will anyway.

e: At least Alexis Denisof showed up!

I watched the first couple of episodes. It’s almost, almost in that so bad it’s good area…
but nope. It’s just plain bad ;)

In fairness, the episode I just watched (fortune teller lady) was the best of the series. Was actually pretty good. Very much channeled the Simpsons Halloween episode mojo.

I’m liking the show, but I’m hating the editing.

The first episode was full of that horrible blurry-camera effect, and then episodes 2 and 3 are incredibly washed out and with a really low amount of contrast. And in episode 2 one shot was really green, even though the rest weren’t.

I’m not sure what angle they’re going for, but I don’t like it.

I mean, they go with the fisheye effect when things get all Satan-y, I get it, but it sucks.

Also, this is the weakest bullshit portrayal of hurr durr our dark lord Satan, like, ever. Wow. Rando bad guy of the week in Supernatural is a thousand times more menacing.

Some individual performances are pretty fun. The aunties in general are a good time, and Captain Misogyny the high priest has fun chewing him some scenery. The lead is less wooden and terrible than she was in the first season, so that’s a plus?

My god, the writing is almost uniformly terrible and lazy.

Bad Guy: “GIRLS can’t do LEADERSHIP because TRADITION! Mua-ha-ha!”

Plucky Heroine: “This isn’t fair at all! I will challenge your gender stereotypes in a way that might have been relevant in 1994!”

Other Women: “Oh, she’s so brave! I wish I could have been pluckier when I was her age!”

I, for one, am inspired.

Ok, good to know it’s not my TV then. The scene in the boiler room was an awful mess of green and compression, and there have been plenty of scenes that are too dark to watch in even a moderately lit room. I checked and my set’s brightness (TCL Roku) is already maxed.

You could clearly see in some scenes that the “blacks” were actually “light greyish green”. I was pretty baffled by it, really. I think it’s someone playing with the “red” filter trying to make Sabrina stand-out, but instead it’s just washing out the rest of the scene.

My God I think it’s getting worse

E: oh, it’s worse

What makes you say this? Something to do with the comic, or the 90s show?

I’ve finished season 2 (aka part 2) and I thought it had quite an exciting last couple of episodes! Anyone else managed to make it through?

Certainly a lot happened in the last two episodes. It felt like they were rushing to be honest - nothing was set up. Like the last episode was originally intended to be 2 or 3 episodes and they improvised it down. I didn’t really like it - it felt even more silly than usual.

I’m only on the second episode of part 2, but can someone remind me if Sabrina herself knows of Ms. Wardwell’s true nature as Mme. Satan?

No, she thinks she’s a witch