The Council, an episodic RPG without combat

Final episode is out!

Well timed sale this week for Xbox Live Gold members. $20.09 instead of $30 for the complete season.

Are there reviews for the game up on any of the big sites yet?

It’s 50% off or $15 in the US on Steam.

Well I feel foolish, paid full price on release and still haven’t made time to play. Oh well.

Again half off, anyone finish it and have opinions?

I keep peeking at it, the reviews talking about how bad the last episode is have kept me from clicking it.

Yep same here. :)

Same. In fact, I removed it from my wish list.

I already own it, just need to find time to play it. But now that it’s finished, I should make time for it soon.

I’ve played it - it’s…the definition of an interesting 6-7/10 game. The dialogue RPG ideas in it are pretty great, the presentation is kinda low rent and the story takes a turn I really didn’t care for around the midpoint.

I just noticed this is on sale this week (for another 12 hours) for Xbox Live Gold members- $15 for the complete season. So I bit. I have no idea when I’ll get to it- Astroneer, Crackdown 3 later this week, etc.- but I’ve surprised myself in the past by just starting things when I don’t expect, so perhaps soon?

I’ve owned this one for a while, but decided to try it the other night.

I agree. I really enjoyed this part of it. I only finished the first part though, so I don’t know what the rest of the game is like. I do have to admit that it was kind of hard to keep going after part one completed. It would help if the mansion had a more interesting design. And if all the characters weren’t so fucking ugly. ;-) Story and plot appear to be decent though, so far anyway. And I find that I am enjoying a few of the characters in spite of their hideous appearance.

Not sure if I’ll keep going.

Damn. Was it a year and a half ago that I bought this? I played through the first two episodes and really liked the mechanics. I keep telling myself I need to get back to it, but haven’t yet.

But yes. All the characters are very ugly.

Likewise, I finally finished it earlier this year, it sort of really collapses into silliness and obvious budget restrictions in the last couple of acts, but I enjoyed most of the journey.