The Daily Show with Trevor Noah

I’ve canceled The Daily Show on my DVR, kept the Nightly Show, and am considering pulling the plug on Colbert’s show on CBS. It sucks because they were ALL so good not long ago. Hopefully a new generation of writers/comedians will carry the torch.

I consider “Donald Trump wants to bang his daughter” evidence that Trevor is growing into the role and doing so quite nicely :)

Yeah I finally removed all the Daily Shows from the DVR and cancelled the recording. I gave up after his bit on Palin’s endorsement of Trump. Jon would have killed it but Noah’s bit did very little for me.

I think I’ve aged out of the target demographics for the Daily Show. It’s on too late, and the news is no longer funny, just scary and sad.

I was a very sporadic daily show watcher, but always enjoyed John Stewart. I gave Trevor a few tries, but his accent turned me completely off. It’s like he’s trying to be South African, Southern US and Kansas all in the same sentence. It really bugs me that it’s not consistent.

I had almost given up on the show. I can’t put my finger on exactly why, but it used to feel like so much more than a comedy show before, and now it just feels like a comedy show.

What changed recently is during February, they’ve been running some Black History Month segments, and those have been really good so far. Because of them, it is starting to feel like more than just a comedy show again, at least a little bit.

These shows take time to come together with a new anchor. That was the case with Jimmy Fallon, and I am hopeful that will be true for Colbert.

I think I will take a hiatus for a while and jump back in as we get closer to the election.

Maybe, let’s hope so. But I think both Colbert and TDS are moving away from political/ social satire and more in the direction of general interest talk shows, hosted by comedians. We already had enough of those.

In the meantime, Larry Wilmore gets better and better, and surely John Oliver will be back soon!

Valentine’s Day! I got it marked on my calendar for a while. I guess I should also figure out something else to do that day with the wife.

Didn’t feel like creating a new thread for it: Did anyone else see Samantha Bee’s new show last night? I thought it was very funny and ferocious.

Never heard of it. What’s it called and what channel and streaming services is it on?

“Full Frontal With Samantha Bee” on TBS.

I’m of the opinion that Trevor Noah’s doing fine bringing his own style to The Daily Show. Regular viewers will undoubtedly make comparisons with the past but time will only prove that Jon Stewart can’t (and shouldn’t) be replaced. Trevor’s sense of humour is undoubtedly different but I think it helps that he brings an outsider’s perspective on domestic issues.

Or doing a search, either?

In fairness, Abiding Dude’s post pre-dates the thread by about a day. . . I know Qt3 search is bad, but I don’t think it’s turning up results that don’t even exist yet ;)

Pshaw. Like I went so far as to do any sort of due diligence before I posted such a snarky reply.

Yeah, you hurt my feelings you big meanie-head! I should have created a new thread but I figured there would be little interest in Bee’s new show and, also, I’m lazy. I blame Obama.

I didn’t want to start a new thread, so i’ll just mention here that I am really enjoying the new Samantha Bee show (Full Frontal):

Good news Tim N. There’s Already a thread. Though I have no idea where I can view this. I get TBS, but the show is only on in a time-slot that’s inconvenient. No repeats at various times like Comedy Central always did with the Daily Show. (I brought it back on topic!)