The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance - Netflix, Skeksis, Muppets

[quote]
The 10-episode fantasy adventure series takes place many years before the events of the film. The series will be shot in the UK and will star an ensemble of fantastical, state-of-the-art creatures created by Jim Henson’s Creature Shop and Brian Froud, the original feature’s conceptual designer.

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance will be a Netflix original series produced by The Jim Henson Company and executive produced by Letterier, Lisa Henson and Halle Stanford. Longtime Henson collaborator Rita Peruggi will serve as producer and Henson’s Blanca Lista will serve as a co-executive producer. Leading the writing are co-executive producers Jeffrey Addiss and Will Matthews (Life in a Year), and Javier Grillo-Marxuach (Lost, The 100).[/quote]

Holy what the shit

My sentiments exactly.

Freaking Netflix. Between this and The Witcher… It’s like they’re programming specifically for me.

I want to “You go girl” this post! What is going on with Netflix, they are just getting awesomer all the time.

Too awesome for words.

Wow.

The original is permanently seared into my brain, so it will be interesting trying to watch a continuation.

This… is crazy amazing. Wow.

I approve of this.

This looks amazing but I feel like they should have gone all CGI.

That’s an interesting thought. Why?

You think a Jim Henson production, based on a Jim Henson film that Jim Henson is the most proud of, should have gone all CGI?

Indeed I am, Kristin! All CGI would have been an awful decision, almost as awful as my “so dry it’s not even a joke” joke.

This looks amazing entirely because it’s not CGI!

I remember seeing The Dark Crystal in theaters and reading my little tie-in paperback again and again. It’s getting very hard to be warily suspicious of Netflix instead of just fanboy gaga over them.

Oh, dang. I really wanted to why, but since you were just joking, booooooooo!

I actually feel dumb I didn’t pick up on your sarcasm; re-reading your original statement gave me a chuckle. Well played, sir.

Am I the only person wondering if this is needed?

That could be the case. And I hope it is good enough that I change my mind, but Dark Crystal never seemed like anything that needed to be expanded on.

Maybe not story-wise, but think of it as “introduced to a new generation” instead. It’s a singular creation.

This is the single most awesome thing I have read/seen/heard about in maybe forever. ALL HAIL NETFLIX. And Jim Henson.

There might be a clue somewhere about my fascination with all things Muppet.

I’m running behind on just trying to keep up on all the Netflix shows alone they are popping out of nowhere every week or so.

I …

I liked the original “last image” effect. The original movie create this world of magic, with deeper mysteries and cool creatures and characters. It ends in a optimist beat, with the good guys winning. Is 100% a movie for kids (that adults can watch).

A prequel could be… interesting. If it open yet more mysteries. Lets not revisit the mistake of other prequels to close all mysteries of a world without adding anything else to cope for it.

It’s such a sensible matter, it’s tough to stay cool.

I am really curious about this. I discovered the original movie only a few years ago (so glad I wasn’t exposed to it as a kid: I could almost see the nightmares I would have dreamed!), and I wonder if that magic can be kept even by making more of the same.

Well, you articulated my exact feelings in a much better way than I just did!