The DC Cinematic Universe Post-Justice League

Sure, whatever, why not.

I actually really like Ben Affleck’s Batman so I’m happy we’re getting more.

Prediction: it’s going to be five minutes of Aquaman trying to figure out what to call this adventure.

Movie just needed a gun nut.

Were they? I mean I can certainly believe that now since apparently Ezra Miller’s new thing is to surface from some bunker 20 floors below sea level, terrorize people, and then flee back into hiding. Makes me wonder if they were problematic on any other sets (Wallflower, e.g.). I just hadn’t heard/read it.

At this point if I encountered Ezra Miller in public I would just assume there was a bomb somewhere nearby and head the other way double time.

Batgirl, the completed $90 million movie starring Leslie Grace as the costumed crimefighter, is being shit-canned. Amid this news, the new Discovery owners have recommitted their strategy to eliminate streaming budgets and release DC movies as theater experiences first and foremost. Batgirl didn’t make the cut apparently.

I heard reasonable speculation this was because Aquaman 2 was going to hit theaters before Flash, so it wouldn’t make sense for Keaton to show up in AM2 first.

That’s still totally plausible. And Flash was always going to be a theatrical release, so there’s no evidence that Batgirl’s cancellation should affect the odds of Flash being released. And yet, I do feel like the odds of the Flash seeing the light of day just dropped a little further.

We may never see Keaton’s Batman again after all that hype.

And that is the biggest tragedy.

Just saw this:

That’s crazy if WB actually spent 300 on a flash movie with Ezra as a lead. Seems like a bad decision.

To be honest, that extra $100 million was probably for legal fees and payoffs.

Wow, can they mismanage the DC property any worse? They keep finding new lows.

Speaking of legal fees!

I feel the DCEU just can’t catch a break.

Dude got busted by the Supertroopers, even.

It’s not just burglary…

Man the DC cinematic branch is a total mess right now. The fact that they are even considering giving The Flash the “Batgirl” treatment tells you just how far off the rails things have gotten. If they flush a $300 million investment down the crapper I don’t know how they recover from that.

I keep thinking…and I don’t know how accurate this REALLY is, but…seems like the management team now was NOT directly responsible for spending most of that, as I think most of that was before the merger, no? So while I’m sure they were planning on that studio release for future income, the Discovery president is making those calls now, and he was NOT the one who put most of the money into the movie. I can’t help but wonder if that’s a factor at all. I mean he’s been reassuring us that The Flash will continue to move forward, but he’s maybe…less invested than the WB people? Especially with how toxic Miller has gotten.

That said, it’s disgusting to me that Batgirl got canned while they continue to move forward with this, given Miller’s antics.

Poor Michael Keaton and poor us. Both his appearances as Batman might not make it to the screen.

All three of them. Aquaman 2 did reshoots that allegedly replaced his appearance with Affleck, and he was in Batgirl. Flash is what we have left of The Dark Keaton Returns, and that sure doesn’t feel like a sure thing anymore.

I’m wondering if there’s any regret not casting Grant Gustin in the role. Maybe he just didn’t fit tonally.