The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

It really wouldn’t be that all that hard if you all would even try :)

I believe that there is a strong correlation between bring a birther and being a racist.

If I where to do a study, I think I could safe use Birther beliefs as a stand in for the question of racisms since few people will admit to being racist.

That’s quite the fine line. They’re “racially resentful” not racist.

That’s just one picture, because I didn’t think it was useful to post like a million photos from the tea party rallies in 2010. There are plenty more.

The study of survey data compiled in 2010 found that people who viewed the Tea Party favorably more often agreed with negative sentiments about African-Americans, than did the general population. Tea Party supporters were more likely to agree with statements like: “It’s really a matter of some people not trying hard enough; if blacks would only try harder they could be just as well off as whites,” and less likely to agree with ones like: “Generations of slavery and discrimination have created conditions that make it difficult for blacks to work their way out of the lower class.”

While self-identified Tea Party members did not share those beliefs at higher rates than white non-members, they were significantly more likely to believe President Obama is a Muslim and to favor harsher immigration controls. The research also found members were more likely to agree that “whiteness, the ability to speak English well, and native-born status” were very important in “what it means to be fully American.”

Paper can be found here:

If you where to make up the features of a Trump Support on a Venn Diagram, how many of those overlapping circles would be things that are horrible or bad on there own and worse in combination.

Racist and Birther would overlap, and so would gun ownship. That last is only really bad when paired with the first two.

They would also overlap with uneducated, and probably “Christian”.

Actually, I think that lends you support to your view not mine. My point is that is 30 sec Google search turned this up while you were more interested in posting photos rather than real data :)

Though I now see that you finally got around to that :)

I’m certainly willing to be proven wrong - I just prefer something a little more solid than photos and anecdotes :)

Well, you see, I live in a conservative area, and know a number of Tea Partiers personally, and I’ve seen and heard nothing from them like you have heard from those that you know. So whose anecdote trump’s whose? See, that’s the whole problem with anecdotes - they’re like opinions, everybody’s got one :)

Not really, a 30 sec Google search on my part found data that supports your position. Why couldn’t you have done that?

Who are you talking to? That was my first comment in this branch of the discussion.

Not trying to be snarky but I’m talking to those that I quoted.:)

So you have me confused right now :)

Because that wasn’t my point. My point is that trying to survey for “are you racist” will never get you terribly valid statistics. I’m sure some people would be proud of it, but I’m sure others would be “shy” about answering. I’m sure stats folk try to adjust for that sort of less-than-flattering answer problem, but I just don’t place much stock in them.

You have me confused. Lol.

I made a snarky drive-by comment and you replied to me like I was previously arguing with you, even going as far as acknowledging some kind of feedback I didn’t “finally got around” to offering.

Then I’ll call us even - and confused :)

Grifman was responding to BennyProfane. You can see who is being specifically replied to in the top right of of the post.

edit: and see even I am confused… because I was looking at wrong post! Ball of confusion!

What a weird question. Why couldn’t you have done that Google search before asserting that the Tea Party wasn’t racist? Why should anybody ever post anything here when everybody has access to Google?

You probably think GamerGate was about ethics in games journalism too.

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ExcitableLeanIndianjackal-size_restricted.gif

I’m pretty sure a “pastor” being less like Christ than the Anti-Christ would be qualifies as moral bankruptcy:

“If I ever go to a restaurant and you sit down, and then here comes this flaming foo-foo fruit loop, right? And you’re like, ‘Oh great. I’m here to have date night, enjoy some time with my wife, and I can’t… because of the lisps, I can’t even, you know.’

And him without even a Trapper Keeper to hide it behind!

Because he’s obviously closeted, you see, and ‘the lisps’ rev his motor.

Hope he never hears Cernovich.