The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

fuck spellcheck. When did it start replacing fucktard with repoublican?

When the President was replaced by a fucktard.

I’ve unfollowed all Trump voters on Facebook. They voted for a fucking fascist. They’re no better than the Germans who voted for Hitler in the 30s.

Fuck them all.

@Balasarius Welcome to the @ArmandoPenblade zone. We are so happy to have you here. We seem to be getting a lot of new people here lately. And we understand. You’re angry enough to give up the appeasement and go straight to the attack. Good for you.

Please fill out the papers on the clipboard and give it to the person at the front desk.

Then have a cookie. But not to many cookies. Trust me.

Our GodKing will be with you shortly.

The fascist thing is quite timely. I was listening to this today. One of the points he makes is Hitler and his followers put ideology ahead of facts at each important turn even at the expense of their own personal experience. Its rather chilling to be honest. When people start to beleive the lies their ideology is telling them then any evil is possible. It started imho with the climate change deniers and has spread. Its why the recent lies by Trump and the two Republican senators about his racist comments are so disturbing. I actually think they are beleiving their own lies versus what they really heard.

There is another angle to this social withdrawal from Republicans. In addition to the odious connection to Trump there is also the reality that is often unpleasant to socialize or talk with avid Trump supporters and those who live in the right wing media bubble. The right wing detachment from reality which makes changing minds so hard also forms a communication barrier. If you can’t agree on basic factual reality, you can’t really talk or communicate. In addition the vehemence and narrow focus of the far right, which makes them so politically energized also makes them unpleasant sometimes repellant, to talk with.

I play board games with groups that have a wide range of views but we strictly enforce a “no politics while gaming” rule. People sometimes break the rules (always on the right) and people will literally get up and move to another table. It’s that annoying.

There is a cost to disregarding reality and norms of behavior and the far right has gone so far they need to pay that cost,

I pretty much did as well. I think there are couple left, but they’re pretty quiet about it, especially now.

Plus it’s fun to watch them complain about how they’re personally getting fucked by GOP policies since they’re teachers and social workers.

There is little place in my life for Republicans, because they are monstrous breed of destructive, damaging filth.

Folks can sub in Trump voters if they want, but there’s no real moral difference there. When every Trumpian bill nets 90-95% support from Republican legislators (and thankfully for us all, that tiny amount of occasional, weak resistance has managed to stymie his horrific agenda in many ways), it’s meaningless to quibble. Anyone who helped elect the Republican majority is fully morally culpable for everything they and their orange false idol do.

For the time being, I maintain an open connection to my family, though it’s insanely taxing to do so. I console myself with the knowledge that the money the insist on foisting at my partner and I doesn’t go toward their hate-fueled political agenda, so at least there’s that, but we keep the visits short and rare these days.

May rage be upon you @Balasarius, for peace is dead.

To be honest, I’m not sure I can regard people like Nielsen as even being human anymore. Or at least, not American. I realize this is a terrible attitude to have, and one that mirrors the worst of the “other side” throughout history. But still it seems to me that after a certain amount of flagrant lying in the service of evil you have in effect divorced yourself from the commonwealth.

I’ve applied exactly the same principles to Brexiters. Fuck ethno-nationalism, fuck racism, and fuck them.

Let’s dig that hole a little deeper. Why not?

My gaming group is entirely to the left of today’s Republicans. Which doesn’t mean liberals necessarily, considering how far right it has gone in the last few decades. We usually play on Wednesday, so you can imagine what the session right after election day was like. After a year of Trump, we don’t talk politics much any more…insanity overload.

Same a-hole who’s been leading the charge for having Mueller fired.

Every news site that mentkions that guy should post his mugshot.

Was really only a matter of time.

The hostility to Putin’s Russia has been a Jewish phenomenon for centuries?

Except for that time when Russia was a hostility to Russia. You know - the killer Communists and the Czars.

Or maybe that stupid paper wants to re-write history and say one of them was Jewish to fit their crappy theory.

I have not made any changes on social media based on people politics. It makes no more sense to do that than to unfollow people because of the color of their skin, ethnicity or religion. Diversity is good period. Now Trump haters outnumber Trump supporter by about 10-1 on my Facebook and Twitter feeds and I’m happy with that ratio.

This Gallop poll is right up there with Trump’s election on depressing things.

When Gallup surveyors posed that question in 1958, 18 percent said they would want their daughter to marry a Democrat and 10 percent a Republican, while an overwhelming 72 percent said they wouldn’t care.

And now?

So, Vavreck decided to ask what she called a “representative sample of people a version of this question,” which included the words “son” as well as “daughter.”

The answers she got were surprising: “Twenty-eight percent of respondents said they wanted their son or daughter to marry a Democrat and 27 percent a Republican, leaving only 45 percent to say they didn’t care.”

When it comes to Americans who identify strongly as Democrat or Republican, the divide is even wider. In 1958, “33 percent of Democrats wanted their daughters to marry a Democrat, and 25 percent of Republicans wanted their daughters to marry a Republican,” Vavreck writes. “But by 2016, 60 percent of Democrats and 63 percent of Republicans felt that way.”

Surely there is a threshold somewhere, whether Trumpism is it or not. If a person’s views are odious enough you disassociate from them.

Generally I’d agree, but in this case, it appears he was willing to pay $130k to hush it up, implying that he is vulnerable to blackmail, which is a huge thrust of the Russia investigation and the Steele dossier.