The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Erick Erickson’s RedState unloads on Nunes after text leak scandal:

The Senate Intelligence Committee has concluded that Republicans on the House Intelligence Committee were behind the leak of private text messages between the Senate panel’s top Democrat and a Russian-connected lawyer, according to two congressional officials briefed on the matter.

Senator Richard M. Burr of North Carolina, the committee’s Republican chairman, and Senator Mark Warner of Virginia, the top Democrat, were so perturbed by the leak that they demanded a rare meeting with Speaker Paul D. Ryan last month to inform him of their findings. They used the meeting with Mr. Ryan to raise broader concerns about the direction of the House Intelligence Committee under its chairman, Representative Devin Nunes of California, the officials said.

To the senators, who are overseeing what is effectively the last bipartisan investigation on Capitol Hill into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election, the leak was a serious breach of protocol and a partisan attack by one intelligence committee against the other

I wonder when last month? Because Paul Ryan has done fuck all about it.

Well of course he hasn’t. Devin Nunes is his boy. Wouldn’t be surprised to learn that Ryan was heavily involved in it. After all, they’re family, right?

Like the governor, the Missouri State Legislature is very red. But…

That is the first step in impeachment. It was unanimous. He doesn’t have a single friend.

Oh, also this:

I mean… we have a long way to go in catching up with Illinois for ex-governors in jail, but we’re working on it!

Since announcing its decision to cease its relationship with the NRA, Delta has faced calls for a boycott from members of the powerful gun rights group.
Republican state officials in Georgia on Thursday punitively struck down a proposed jet fuel tax exemption that would have saved Delta, the state’s largest private employer, some $40 million per year

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-guns-delta-air-nra/delta-reviewing-ties-with-all-politically-divisive-groups-after-nra-controversy-idUSKCN1GE2J6

This is awesome. They should go a step further and announce that they are looking into alternative locations for the Delta hub in Atlanta. They don’t actually have to do anything, as just announcing that would send the people of Georgia into a rage, as Delta is Georgia’s largest private employer.

Let those GOP assholes tie themselves to the anchor that is the NRA and jump off their righteous bridge. We can all wave as they drown.

Trumpcare and the corporate tax handout are far more stupid and dumbass than ACA…Hatch should revise his opinion.

Just one more bit of context of why I said Mitt Romney would be an improvement over Hatch as senator. I mean, it’s a really, really low bar, but Hatch is just fucking awful.

I’m really beginning to wonder if Hatch has a brain tumor or something. He’s been getting increasingly erratic of late.

I call Republicans dumbasses all the time, so I don’t feel offended if a Republican says the same thing about a Democrat.

The problem is that lots of republicans also like obamacare. People apparently would rather have health insurance than not. Inconceivable!

Saying 80% of the country are dumbasses probably isn’t a great idea for any politician.

Republicans don’t like Obamacare. They love the Affordable Care Act though.

It’s basically Obamacare done correctly.

Holy crap, what next? I used to hope that we might just be able to survive 4 years of Shitgibbon. Now it looks like we are truly and completely fucked.

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again – Crooked Jared. This piece of trash better hope his dear daddy in law is willing to go all the way for him, or he’s seeing prison.

Trump can’t save him from being prosecuted at the State level. I imagine there will be something there for the NY AG to latch onto.

The only people that believed shit like this wasn’t happening are Trumpsters or gullible GOP folks.

This will certainly raise a few eyebrows…and some Senators will be concerned. And a few House members will definitely think about investigating this someday.

Alas, since the alleged shenanigans took place in DC and abroad, and since Jared’s company didn’t get the money, I don’t think there’s anything for the New York Attorney General’s office there. It’s not within their jurisdiction.

(No worries, there’s probably ten million in-state hinky things about the financing of 666 5th Avenue that Schneiderman can prosecute Jared for instead.)