The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

This definitely goes in this thread.

My god I just witnessed a murder.

I believe it was basically proven the use of torture did not provide any information that saved lives vs. what was normally attained via other methods, and in fact led the intelligence services on many wild goose hunts.

Well Jack Bauer begs to differ. Check and mate.

Never forget that Scalia cited Jack Bauer in his defense of torture.

I forgot that we’re back to approving of torture as a nation. Here, in 2018, torture. #Winning

Oh wait, we want to torture people but we don’t call it torture…that’s right.

One of many reasons it turns my stomach to be reliant on the intelligence community to rescue our nation from Trumpism. Organizations like the CIA are horrific at best.

I’m not sure we ever got away from approving of it, assuming not approving of it implies punishing the people who ordered and did it.

Yep. And that’s why Kiefer Sutherland’s statements always need to be mentioned alongside it:

… not that the GOP would pay any attention.

The thing about torture is that if you fuck someone up enough they will make shit up to get you to stop. Highly counterproductive. Essentially useless.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/3/15/17113176/new-york-times-opinion-page-conservatism

Just wait until you see the other ones!

this is not a post in defense of torture

Someone should tell sweet Tomi that David Dennison Jr. is back on the market, and he is an absolute catch!

With that lack of empathy toward animals, I wonder how well she’d do on a Voigt-Kampff. It’s one more piece of evidence supporting my theory that she’s a highly advanced robot built by some evil genius in Japan.

In 2002, most Republican defended water-boarding as a necessary evil. Senator McCain condemned it loudly. As a long time fan of McCain, my heart said that he was right. My head said that Dick Cheney made a compelling case (and frankly even though I knew “24” was a silly TV show, watching Jack Baeur save the world by beating the shit of out of some evil terrorist colored my opinion.)

But in 2018 this is like arguing the earth is flat. Hell even Trump said that he’d go along with General Mattis on torture “Give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I’ll do better.”’.

Hell, I doubt even Dick Cheney would agree that torture is effective. I think hands down the worse trait that Republican have picked up from Trump is the view that it is weakness to apologize or admit you were wrong. This is going kill the party.

Still waiting for Hannity to submit to waterboarding since he doesn’t think it’s actual torture.

He let Mancow do that for him didn’t he?

And Mancow got back to him with “Holy shit, it’s fucking torture.”

Christopher Hitchens also did it and said it was fucking torture.

Hannity apparently insisted it still wasn’t torture after Mancow did it. What a fucking pussy.

https://thinkprogress.org/mancow-hannity-called-me-after-i-was-waterboarded-and-said-its-still-not-torture-f4687edf925f/