The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

They don’t shank people in club fed do they? Bernie Madoff is popular there from what I’ve read.

I think Rizzo could do double duty as Conaway and Stone.

Surprising no one, Donnie just can’t keep his yap shut about his latest obstruction of justice:

That isn’t Don tweeting. You will never be able to convince me that “sanctimonious” is in his vocabulary.

The best and the brightest.

All these good people, drawn to the MAGA train like moths to a flame.

Basically no one who supports Trump is a person of good moral character.

To support Trump means you are a bad person. Full stop.

I know no one here (well, mostly) thinks that McCabe’s wife run for office as a Democrat (or that she received money from the VA governor) is any kind of problem, but this twitter link is still an interesting read and might provide some context if any of you are so unfortunate enough to associate with trump “supporters.”

This not only humanizes McCabe (for example, his interactions with his wife through email), but shows his dedication (he turns down an offer to be CSO for someone for 300k/yr + benefits and bonuses.) and proves beyond any doubt no conflict of interest occurred (he is appointed deputy director once month after the VA election.)

edit: something called thread reader bot summarizes it

Note this comment in the twitter thread:

Someone replies,
Geez can’t you follow a timeline?
Deluded person responds:
I don’t believe the timeline.

(Why trump got elected, reason n, in a nutshell.)

McCabe himself is a republican too.

Give it a week or two and we’ll start seeing the right-wing media machine begin making rumblings against Rosenstein. Especially if he says a peep about McCabe’s firing.

We really need to figure out who appointed Rosenstein, and get rid of THEM!

The question is assuming 2020 goes the right way (if it doesn’t, all is lost in the US and I’ll be fleeing)- how do we keep Republicans from returning in 2024, especially if the economy is bad? How do we make Trump a never forget moment?

You destroy the lives of those who have shown such an utter lack of mortals and ethics. You put them in the gutter where they belong, forever.

I doubt we can - people are stupid. Fox News will become even more powerful with constant rants against (insert Dem Pres in 2020) and how corrupt, etc, they are. And idiots will believe them.

I am genuinely shocked impeachment hearings are not under way today.

Donald Trump is self evidently unfit for office thats not new, but now we have the Deputy Director of the FBI say he is being fired to hinder the investigation into Donald Trump’s crimes. Thats after the Director of the FBI has implied the same thing. Even more amazingly the President of the United States just confirmed it on twitter.

I think Mueller, democracy, and the rule of law is done already. I’ve been spot checking the Fox News crowd in my town. They are all completely fine with Trump firing Mueller. They think it’s totally normal that you would do that. It’s just politics, he’s making Trump look terrible, and Trump has the legal authority to fire him. You’d be crazy not to use that power. That’s just how it works.

Seriously nobody is going to give a fuck when Mueller goes.

Nobody in the Fox News crowd. That’s 22% of the country.

Anonymous needs to hack Fox and Friends…

I would restate the problem to, “How does the GOP return to being responsible actors?”

We’re all old enough to realize that in our two-party system, each party is going to win their share of elections for President. It’s not realistic, or perhaps even desirable, to plan for one-party domination over the long-term. What we need is for both parties to put forward candidates capable of doing the job well, and for both parties to be interested in democracy more than simply wielding power.

I don’t have any brilliant ideas to accomplish that, but I think that’s the path we need to find.

As far gone as they are, I don’t think they can return to being responsible actors, and I don’t think the millenial generation would give them a fair chance even if they did.