The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Even if their were Republican politicians interested in being responsible actors, they couldn’t make it through the primaries because their propaganda has pushed the base out into cloud cuckoo land.

I keep hoping more charges are brought against Flynn (and his deplorable son.)

The average age of that crowd is higher than the nation’s median age, its IQ lower.

I think I saw some footage of some College Republican thing way back where G. Gordon Liddy was a speaker and of course they all loved him.

Heck, if these guys go to prison it’ll be a badge of honor in the eyes of many…

They fluff the Facebook page and the praise they go with is “great video quality”? They should be fired for that alone.

What’s worse? Giving yourself fake compliments or the 7 idiots that liked the fake compliment?

Who’s the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

I like to think the people that liked it are liking it because she made a fool of herself. Or are trolls who just enjoy liking obviously fake things, like people in Dark Souls who upvote the fake “try jumping” or “illusory wall ahead” messages. ;)

Maybe she’s thanking Facebook for its service in advance? Given the Cambridge Analytica details coming out today and all.

I’m not going to go watch the video or anything but could this be a situation where an aide is posting the video on her account and she is complimenting them in the comments? I know sometimes those accounts are a bit shared and I could see a video with her friend coming on saying “so I’m here to talk about my friend, X, who is running for…” blah blah blah

That’s a sweet transcoding job.

I was watching Madam Secretary last night. Great show, but I had a aha moment watching the show focus on the LBTG community and refuges being harassed by their own government and a light bulb went off for me.

I think middle America is tired of hearing about all these minority groups (foreign and domestic) and seemingly ignore the plight of the eroding middle class.

Great to have a big heart, but not at the expense of the welfare for you those you were elected to represent. Spending millions overseas to rescue a LBTG community in trouble is great theoretically but I also get wanting to buff up our domestic needs and stabilize that before we send tons of money to fight the world’s injustices. I wonder if this is where the Democratic message is losing the middle America voter? This segment of voters want to feel like a priority, over lip service.

We have always done those things through foreign policy. We just haven’t always had an insidious 24-hr news cycle and fake news spreading through social media. Waking up to the eroding middle class means understanding the greedy policies of the GOP and I don’t think middle America is ready for that yet.

I agree with most of what your saying. I do think the problem is a larger context issue however…all media has devolved into click bait. It doesn’t try to inform or develop contrast like it was more prevalent when the fairness doctrine was active. Most of the media outlets are striving for clicks/reads while others have political agendas/bais. However, the greater problem in my mind is the lack of desire/required consensus building and working towards operating from a common set of facts and standards. Fox news is a symptom of the greater failure of news media in adhering to a strict policy of fair and balanced standard…if you will :)

We’re living in a seriously twisted novel written by a mutant created from the genes of Haruki Murakami and William Gibson. The brain thus created is continually tortured with baths of amphetamines and ground up McDonald’s food. It believes that it is the god that has created the perfect world. The actual creators of the brain are fascinated with the mutated brain. Their real reason for creating it is that they love the flavor of the cancerous matter that they can flay from the bulging brain. We are a shitty dream of a cancerous brain.

Because of course they did.

Quality swamp draining.

Oh look, we have a replacement for the IRS ‘scandal.’**

http://thehill.com/homenews/house/379228-gop-leaders-back-second-special-counsel

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-11-20/gop-surrenders-cherished-irs-scandal-at-last

Republicans claimed the IRS served as an attack dog for the Obama White House. But inquiries by the House Ways and Means Committee, the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, the Senate Finance Committee, the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations and the Justice Department all failed to produce evidence of political interference.

What is it with the GOP and this focus that anything and everything affecting them must be led/run/owned/operated by other GOP minded people? Every government employee, every agency person, every legal person, etc.

It’s annoying as hell. Even the focus on McCabe with his wife being a democrat. Yeah … so what’s wrong with that?