The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

It’s quite clear:

Only Republicans are capable of an unbiased investigation of other Republicans.
And also only Republicans are capable of an unbiased investigation of Democrats.

That’s one of the most disturbing things for me, Skipper. Like how Trump was tweeting how Mueller’s team has a bunch of “hardened Democrats”. The word Democrat is used similarly to terrorist or criminal. What’s a hardened Democrat, anyway? One that’s really excited about the prospect of impeachment?

Also disturbing is something that must have been distributed as a Repub talking point - I heard several people yesterday talking about how the McCabe OIG report was conducted by the “non-partisan” OIG, a subtle normalization of their subversive recasting of the FBI as a partisan political operation.

Hardened Democrat = Menshevik or Trotskyite.

Me after midterm elections?

Sorry, probably TMI.

I agree though, it’s like it has become a dirty term. Liberal gets thrown in there as well, in fact I think I’ve actually heard the term dirty liberal.

Democrats and liberals hate America, hate Americans, want the brown people to take over, gay it up on the weekends, want to raise taxes on hard-working blue collar 'Mericans, are elite & don’t understand the plight of the common man like Trump does, think they’re superior to the average hard-working blue collar 'Mericans, etc, etc.

I’ve heard people speak more kindly of AIDS than liberals around here.

Pretty much what @rowe33 said.

It’s actually the opposite - they don’t believe an unbiased investigation would ever happen.

Everything with the current Republican party is projection. Republicans don’t trust Dems with power because they know with 100% certainty that if they, the Republicans, have power, they will abuse it every way they possibly could. And surely Dems must be the exactly the same?

Only Republicans can be trusted with investigations because Dems would make them into partisan smear jobs. How do Republicans know that? Because that’s exactly what they would do - and have done, many times. In their eyes, no one but a fool would act any differently.

Trump is absolutely certain (say) Hillary is incredibly corrupt, because he is incredibly corrupt. In his eyes, the more successful you are, the more corrupt you must be. There’s no other way to succeed.

Likewise the GOP dreads the rising influence of women and minorities because they fear in the new world they’ll be treated exactly the way they have traditionally treated women and minorities. Because what’s the point of being a dominant group if you don’t punch down?

+1 like-shaped post.

Pretty much. Mueller is a Republican and it doesn’t matter.

I mean I don’t think I disagree with your exaggeration here to be fair

And taco trucks, I am still waiting for the taco trucks.

Yep. This is also why the GOP sees fraud every time a Democrat wins anything.

Yes!

As Trump’s campaign described nightmarish crime-ridden Judge Dredd Megacities at least they were going to have a taco truck on every corner. Where is that reality? Where are my spicy pork carnitas tacos?

You guys just need to move to LA. Taco trucks…taco trucks everywhere!

I dunno man there’s this stretch of highway entering Apex where there are like 4 taco trucks in a mile and it’s beautiful

Apex? LA? Come on, I am a lazy libtard, I need those tacos to come directly to me.

That was only if Trump lost. Sadly he won, so we get no taco trucks.

Remember when all we had to roll our eyes about was Trump posting a taco salad on Cinco De Mayo?

This isn’t moral bankruptcy I don’t think, but I have no idea where it goes.