The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

I see you’ve met my brother-in-law.

This is the new talking point among Trumpistas who won’t outright advocate for white supremacy. BLM, Antifa, and the Charlottesville white supremacists are all equally bad “extremists.”

The answer to people saying anyone is as bad as the Nazis is this:
" No, they are not. If you disagree, you are either a Nazi or a Nazi apologist."

And that’s it. If they keep trying to defend that bullshit statement, then fuck them. Spit in their face.

When faced with Injustice, those who chose to be neutral have chosen the side of Injustice. People need to learn that choosing that side has consequences. You don’t get to support Nazis, even in that cowardly half assed way, and still be treated like a moral person.

True. It is axiomatic that Nazis are the worst people ever.

I was going to put forward Ted Cruz as a possibility but then I remembered that Ted Cruz isn’t people.

Man, dating’s gotten weird since I’ve been off the market.

It’s always been weird; not our fault you never got to enjoy a nice, friendly fuck-n-spit with a stranger out behind the skate rink.

Every once in a while, I have fond memories of my ex …

This is technically assault. Please do so rhetorically ;)

Then they’ll bring up Mao, Stalin and Pol Pot. Every. Single. Time.

Once you point out that is irrelevant, they’ll call you a communist. There is no logic or reasoning to be had.

Look at the alt-right on Twitter and the like. It’s all the do. Antifa = Stalinists, therefor we aren’t the bad guys cause Communism killed more people (mostly because they had larger populations to work with, more time and mass starvation to work with).

That’s their defense: there are worse mass murderers than fascists. What they seem to forget is how personally and methodically fascists did it. Starving a million people isn’t particularly hard in the grand scheme of things. Systematically rooting people out, shipping them long distances to camps where you kill them like it’s an industry and then burn what’s left that you don’t make into furniture or whatever… that’s a whole new level of sick.

Not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, I’ve been on a mini-break from politics.

“It may prove useful.”
But please, let’s hear more about “left wing” violence.

Looks like they deleted that story.

I was wondering why the sane (if there are any remaining?) members of the GOP in Congress don’t just get together, leave the GOP, and form a new party together. Now that the spokespeople in the GOP are supporting Trump’s hideous statements, it seems like those people are being marginalized anyhow. Why not just leave?

Because it’s political suicide. In their eyes they have to take the party back. Third parties are a deadend.

Of course if enough of them did it, that might not be the case, the GOP would be the one to die, but it would take a majority of them and they wont get that.

I’ve often wondered why the moderates of both parties don’t form a third party.

They don’t exist.
The most moderate Republican is considerably to the right of the most conservative Democrat (there’s a chart somewhere showing this.)

The real answer is the two party system is no longer workable. Unfortunately everything just might have to burn to the ground before it gets changed.

Yes, and moderate dems and Rs don’t often sync up on the things they’re centrist about anyway, IIRC. A four party system might be workable (Religious Racists, the Goddamned Libertarians, Centrist Bankocrats, and Ché-Fellating Commies, say), but Asia alas.

I have no content of my own to add to this. I just wanted to applaud the awesome Penbladian prose.

The nation has wanted 4 parties for quite some time, but realistically once you do it you start losing elections.