The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Chinaperson? Look at the fancy lad over there getting all gender neutral with his racial slurs.

That is not the preferred nomenclature.

Blankenship, you may recall, is the mining magnate who served a year in jail for essentially ignoring any safety or environmental regulations related to his mines. He actually injected toxic mining slurry into an aquifer because it was cheaper than disposing of the stuff legally.

He’s running for the GOP nom for the WV Senate to compete against Joe Manchin (~D). He’s one of three serious contenders and the smouldering wreckage of the GOP establishment is terrified that the other two guys will split what passes for sane Republican primary votes, and Blakenship will get the (numerous) wingnut votes and win the primary outright. Then what looked like an easy opportunity to book a rare Red-State Dem Senator might very well collapse.

Blankenship articulated it about as poorly as I guess one would expect him to, but he isn’t the first the suggest that McConnell’s actions might be biased due to family/business connections to the Chinese government.

I have shared the title with friends and relatives because of the humor value. Protecting us from the thought police, in Trump’s ministry of truth is an added bonus.

So you’re Paul Ryan. You’ve announced your retirement from Congress. You don’t have to worry about petty partisan politics any more. All you need to do is think about your legacy, what will go into the history books.

What do you do? How do you leave your mark on the House of Representatives?

The answer, obviously, is fire the House chaplain because he’s a filthy liberal.

(Oh, and the chaplain is a Jesuit and Ryan is Catholic. On paper, anyway.)

Assholes being assholes, pretty much.

In related news, Joel Osteen has been nominated as the next House Chaplain.

You joke, right?

As we’ve mentioned before, a lot of Catholics hate the Jesuits. The Jesuits are the coolest sect in the Church, and they have pretty much rubbed folks the wrong way for… I dunno… like a thousand years? Mainly because they make the other sects super jealous with their awesomeness.

I think you actually need to have at least a masters in a non-theological field to become a Jesuit priest, and then go through all the theological training. It’s basically like becoming a doctor.

In 2018 parody and reality are the same.

The Jesuits were formed in the 16th Century. As my history prof. described it, they were basically the “shock troops” of the Catholic church at a time when the church was dealing with a lot, not the least of which was the inquisition.

What a show!

Jesus Christ.

Plus Ryan’s probably butthurt from having been schooled by Jesuits in the past.

“We’re on a miiiission… to convert the Jews!”

It is now unacceptable to be a conservative critic of Trump:

Jewjewjewjewjewjewjewjew!

Funny how nobody expected that.

When I pledged the fraternity in college, we did the entire Inquisition song and dance number with a jewish kid as Torquemada (of course). I was the first of the prisoners (played by Ronny Graham in the movie) who gets a solo part. The other guy looked just like Jackie Mason. We did it acapella. lol!

For those who don’t know (all one of you…).