The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Somebody send that man a pony, a popsicle and Playdough. Stat!

That’s only for kids and other people, not the VP

https://flipboard.com/@flipboard/-nra-convention-bans-guns-to-protect-mik/f-e190f74d27%2Fhuffingtonpost.com

Can we assign armed teacher details to protect our threatened Republican politicians?

Okay? This is in reference to… ?

I’m sorry but the lady behind the podium doesn’t look quite human.

It doesn’t look like anything to me.

As if we needed more reasons to think poorly of the Koch’s…

So, basically the thing they were accusing Soros of constantly doing.

Nice.

Bingo!

Apparently the biggest campus snowflakes? The Kochs.

I see this happening all the time (not here, mind, but other forums)

That explains Malathors posts.

Turns out the best way to deal with conservatives is to ignore them.

I like the implication is that “conservative” ideas and arguments can’t stand on their own. Because there’s no discussion of “bring up these good arguments”, it’s all how to tie you the liberal or otherwise get him/her to shut up.

I’m not sure that’s entirely fair. That isn’t about argument per se, it’s about how to present propaganda and/or win an argument on the internet. Internet conversations aren’t really the time or place to convince people about why you think good policy is good.

What.

I think Internet conversations are way better than in-person conversations at this. People can take their time and formulate a coherent argument, and provide links to supporting evidence. I’ve had my mind changed by internet arguments here at Qt3 way more than I’ve ever had them changed in real life conversations. In real conversations, people are always making claims where I’m just constantly thinking “I’m not sure that’s true”. It puts this cloud of doubt over everything else that follows.

QT3 isn’t really “internet conversation”, it’s a community, because of repeated interactions with the same people. And even then, asynchronous, many-to-many, non-nuanced text-based conversations are fraught with well documented problems.