The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Paul Ryan announces that because he no longer possesses even enough political capital in DC to win a silly little slapfight with the House Chaplain, that Father Conroy will indeed remain in his position.

Somewhere John Boehner just popped open a new bottle of red.

I mean, Ryan’s statement is practically dripping with “How much longer do I have to do this?”

What a loser.

I can’t bring myself to give a shit about this Father Conroy kerfuffle. I just don’t have the room for it.

Really. ‘Mommy, Billy won’t stop poking me.’

"Not now! Can’t you see mommy is trying to put out this grease fire?’

fixed

Where do I have to move so I can vote for that guy?

Weekend at Bernie’s IV

Other than being despicable and mentally ill, he seems like a nice guy.

Is Blankenship even allowed to go to West Virginia? He’s currently on probation in Nevada. It’d be hilarious if he couldn’t actually travel out of Nevada to the state he’s running for Senate in.

Is… does he really believe that? Is he that stupid?

I’m going with no, he’s just a racist too cowardly to own it.

Hey there, Missouri! How’s that whole Gov. Eric Greitens thing going? Y’all work that out?

Oh my. But, uh, Greitens is counting on playing this out like Trump, because nothing matters so…

Boom. G’bye scumbag.

Well, at least he didn’t call Asians Orientals. Pico-steps.

And although 29 of the 34 state senators in Missouri are signatory to that resolution on a special session, unlike the US Congress, they don’t actually sit and decide his fate.

Instead:

So the Missouri House will very likely vote to impeach. And then the impeachment trial happens, and 7 eminent citizens sit in judgment.

If it gets that far. Greitens may step aside now. The writing’s on the wall, basically with how poorly Josh Hawley’s been performing in the early going for a senate seat the GOP thinks should be a slam dunk to pick up.

I hope getting rid of Greitens doesn’t result in Josh Hawley’s performance turn-around in November. There’s still plenty of time left. I really like Senator McCaskill.