The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

So if everybody loathes these members of Congress so much, why do they still have jobs?

Because many voters hate liberals and Democrats more. Why? Put on your pundit in training hat.

Steve King and James Sensenbrenner (R-WI) amendments to the Farm bill:

HR 4879 & HR 2887: The States’ Rights Elimination Acts

http://m.humanesociety.org/issues/abuse_neglect/facts/king-sensenbrenner.html

So my vague understanding is that pieces of crap like Steve King introduce bills like this all the time, but they either don’t make it out of committee and/or they’re never brought to a vote. Are things different this time?

Michigan’s Republicans show just how racist they are:

Guess who’s back to running for President in 2024??

This could be why:

Main reason appears to be that there was growing discomfort that the prosecutor had been inserted too much into the process by both sides. She has dropped the charges, and they’ll be refiled by a special prosecutor at the state level.

It seems pretty clear now that the easiest and safest way to solve the climate change issue is to simply not study it. If you don’t know about it, it doesn’t exist, right?

I mean it has worked for gun violence.

This pisses me off, but seems to be standard GOP (esp. Pruitt in OK) ostrich-head-in-sand problem.

They’re more concerned about the PR fallout than anything else, so let’s ignore it and hope the problem goes away…

The intervention early this year — not previously disclosed — came as HHS’ Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry was preparing to publish its assessment of a class of toxic chemicals that has contaminated water supplies near military bases, chemical plants and other sites from New York to Michigan to West Virginia.

It doesn’t say what the chemical is, but if it’s the same issue as our town water, it’s from a fire retardant sprayed by the local military air base leaching into the water. They’ve since changed chemicals but it’s impossible to get out now.

So much so that she could have become a witness:

We recently moved back to the east coast and bought a house in Maine. While house hunting, we ruled out several nice houses one town over from where we eventually settled because of the same issue.

I said it in another thread. The purge of the poor, the sick, the disadvantaged is underway.

The Health and Human Services Department came under fire two years ago for rolling back child welfare policies meant to protect unaccompanied minors fleeing violence in Central America. An Associated Press investigation found that more than two dozen were placed in homes where they were sexually assaulted, starved or forced to work.

I’m truly ashamed to call myself an American right now.

Sex trafficking is a big deal that we need to impede on people’s rights for, even if they aren’t involved and even though it makes catching those doing it harder.

Also we lost 1500 kids to the winds, probably a bunch of them are being trafficked.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MAGA