The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Plus ça change, plus c’est la même chose.

David Gergen said this. The David Gergen who was director of speechwriting for Richard Nixon.

In fairness to that guy from the Society of Friends, they’re Quakers. Which means that they are pacifists… which are inherently bad types of folks to go up against groups like Nazis.

Maybe he means that both sides use the F word more often, and this is reported in the media more often.

Not that Nixon wasn’t above the occasional [expletive deleted].

Fool me once, fool me… don’t get fooled again.

Here’s the actual article on the NY Times website, though you need to be a subscriber to look at the full scan.

Lucifer, brooding in his basement over his break up with the boss.

That and “talking monkeys”

Hey Jeff

Get bent you racist codger.

Rhetoric of the left… I shove my rhetoric right up your [connection terminated]

So, “no, you are” has clearly become a viable political response in the Trump age no matter how blatant the behavior.

Sarah “Snowflake” Sanders

Yeah, the way she’s acting you’d think no one else in the country ever got turned away from service before and her party didn’t totally say that’s cool.

I can probably find 50 GOP Congresscritters that think you should be able to decline serving someone because they’re black. And that’s fine, somehow.

It really amazes me that this Red Hen story has any legs at all, but I should stop being surprised. There is an entire industry devoted to blowing up trivial stories to obscure what’s really going on in the news and keep the right wing’s fury well-honed.

If there’s one thing I’ve learned the last couple of years, it’s that pointing out the hypocrisy of right-wingers has no effect on them whatsoever. I guess one hopes it has an effect on those mythical floating ‘undecideds,’ wherever they are.

Yeah I’ve just moved on to wishing for their suffering before they expire.

An undecided is a republican who doesn’t want to talk about it to you.