The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/powerful-gop-rep-jim-jordan-accused-turning-blind-eye-sexual-n888386

Womp Womp.

Seriously, I hope this syphilitic moron is ruined. He’s such a total piece of shit.

What is it with wrestling* coaches? Are there any other former coaches as GOP lawmakers? Dennis Hastert was also a sick fuck like this twerp. If he really did perpetrate a cover up I hope he spends the bad doctors time in jail for him, since the abuser is dead.

*or, really, any coach. See: Paterno, Joe

Seems like learning how to pin boys to a mat would be a pretty relevant skill for a pedophile abuser, so I can see why they’d gravitate to the sport.

I’m not sure how you put Jordan in the same category as Hastert. What Jordan is accused of is not speaking up and protecting the wrestlers. He was not the person abusing them. While it is reprehensible that he didn’t speak up, he was also fresh out of college himself. He should have just owned up to his mistake. It is ridiculous for him to act like he didn’t know about it. Even Hellickson,the head coach at the time, knew about it and told the doctor to not be so “hands on”. So it sounds like Hellickson, Jordan, other members of the staff for the wrestling team, and the University probably have some explaining to do.

Well, except Jordan is apparently lying about conversations he had regarding the abuser and now he’s saying he feels bullied by the accusers so fuck him

I’m not saying he isn’t a piece of shit, and I said he should have owned up to it. Hastert was actually sexually assaulting kids.

He could have said it was a terrible situation and he was just out of college and he wished he had to courage to do something then or whatever, it certainly would not have looked that bad. But instead he started lying about it and he’s only doubled down since, so now he looks worse and worse as more and more people call him out on the lie.

Exactly, say I was young and I made a horrible mistake by not speaking up. His acting like he knew nothing about it is stupid, and just makes it a lot worse for him than if he’d just admitted it to begin with.

And now the idiot is slowly walking it back:

I’m sure he will figure out a way to make it even worse for himself before it is over.

These guys in the GOP hung around in the WORST locker rooms.

Pretty sure the GOP had no chance in that district anyway, although it’s embarrassing for them to be running two literal Nazis now.

This is the true shame of my relocating west, I can’t give the Illinois guys the ‘Richard Spencer Special’.

I hate Illinois Nazis.

We all remember in the late 90’s when child molestation was cool.