The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

To continue the tangent, Pizza Hut is about as good as it gets for chain pizza.

And now, back to our regularly scheduled outrage at the GOP:
Paul Ryan, lover of the Constitution:

Asked by reporters if the chamber he leads would introduce a bill to scale back the president’s power to levy tariffs, House Speaker Paul Ryan brushed aside the idea as an impossibility. “You would have to pass a law saying ‘don’t raise those tariffs’ and the president would have to sign that law,” he said. “That’s not going to happen.”

That would come as a surprise to the drafters of the Constitution, who created a mechanism for exactly such a scenario. Trump doesn’t actually have to sign a law for it to take effect. A presidential veto can be overridden by a two-thirds supermajority in both chambers. Look it up, it’s true! But Ryan is helpfully demonstrating why many aspects of the Constitution do not work as designed, or at all.

True story about Papa John’s (I may have told this before). I got some pizza and garlic sauce from them one night when I was a freshman. I poured the un-used garlic sauce out the window because I didn’t want it stinking up the trash.

4 years later, when I was graduating, the garlic sauce was still on the concrete outside that window. Rain wouldn’t wash it away, New England winters did not affect it, rats and other vermin did not lick it up, insects wouldn’t touch it, bacteria would not break it down.

Well, at least Ryan’s consistent. That’s the same logic he used to not vote on 50 different bills to repeal the ACA while Obama was president.

Wait, what?

There was a time when I thought Ryan wasn’t a piece of shit. I was wrong.

Sasha Baron Cohen’s new show is going to be the most amazing thing ever.

I can’t really stand that kind of show (the kind with Sacha Baron Cohen in them), but it must be really bad if both Palin and Moore are trying to get out in front of it by pre-emptively calling him on it now.

I love that they think their statements will do anything but make the show more popular. It’s like a coordinated marketing campaign.

“When I had sex with that teenager I did not know it was Sacha Baron Cohen in drag!”

I’m picturing SBC standing in a kitchen, telling Roy Moore, “Why don’t you have a seat.”

This would be incredible, except enough GOP voters would see it that they’d then be compelled to vote for him again next time. Got to keep those reality TV stars in power!

Alabamians have been spoofed before numerous times by Cohen on his earlier TV comedy program “Da Ali G Show” and in movies including “Borat” and “Bruno.”

Hmmm. I’m thinking that there might be a pattern here.

He got Cheney too.

Strongly agree.

Bone Spurs in My Testies is my favorite death metal album.

Oh my god the fact they’re so furious must indicate how stupid the shot they said is. I cannot wait for this. The excessive preemptive defense is the best marketing campaign they could’ve hoped for.

Yep… whatever this is, it has gone from something I didn’t know about to something I will absolutely watch.

The thing about Sacha Baron Cohen’s stuff is that it used to reveal how terrible and horrible some things were below the surface. That felt valuable.

I feel like we’ve gone so far past that that I’m almost not sure what the show can do now. Trump wears his horribleness out in the open and brags about it. There’s nothing hidden.

Let me point at and laugh at people like Sarah Palin.