The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

I set 'em up. You knock 'em down. Bravo!

Wtf is this about? Why is Rubio mad at this dude?

Rubio is a shithead, this is known, but this has to be fake. It’s so… juvenile.

It’s definitely real as that’s his real twitter account. Checking a couple comments, might be related to the guy harassing Rubio at a restaurant, then Rubio taking revenge by basically making him a target of crazy GOP groupies.

He supposedly likes a bad person or something?

Everyone is baffled by it. He’s openly doxxing people on Twitter, which would be a ban for anyone else, but he’s a political figure so apparently it’s fine or something.

I mean people get banned for “doxxing” themeselves ffs.

Twitter generally doesn’t ban users who post publicly available info, like the address and listed phone number of a restaurant.

They ban for targeted harassment, which this very much is.

Hell, they’ve banned lawyers for posting their own law offices. Like several times.

Like all Twitter rules, they only apply randomly and to people Jack doesn’t like/care about.

He’s not really doxxing him, so much as openly targeting him. Hey followers and crazy fuckers, call and harass this restaurant for me! Should be banned from Twitter for sure, as well as investigated for targeting a constituent but of course that won’t ever happen.

Doxxing has kind of evolved as a term. It used to purely be when someone posted your real info when you were trying to be anonymous or using an alias on the internet. Now, most people use it to mean the same thing as what we used to call “brigading” - when someone posts public or private info with the intent of directing followers to harass a subject.

Twitter is not going to ban a major politician like Rubio for ANY reason. Especially a Republican.

They ban only after whoever is being harassed files a complaint. Did the restaurant file a complaint?

Are you sure? As described above, they’ve banned people for posting their own info.

I miss the days when our elected officials didn’t use Social Media with the same maturity that our teens do.

There are two policies.

The harassment policy generally requires a complaint to be filed.

There is also a policy against posting private info, but that doesn’t apply here because all the contact info is public.

Or when our Presidents spoke above a 4th grade level…

If only that was the primary problem. I mean i get that an everyday man, or woman, might think that getting someone “like” them would bring about change. So if we had an everyday man in the White House, someone who struggled like that, it would still be a challenge, and experts would have to be used and relied upon but… that’s not what Trump is. He’s a lot worse than just uneducated.

By literally anyone (which is how the lawyers get hit).
Which has happened, almost the entirety of the responses to Rubio are people saying they’re reporting it.

So were lawyers law offices and yet… they got banned.

You’re acting like Twitter rules are actual rules and not the random horseshit that everyone knows they are.
There is no consistency. The rules are more like excuses and are ignored or enforced depending on the whims of Jack or whoever fucking randomly takes the report near as anyone can tell. Alex Jones violated shit several times over. Jack said he didn’t. People provided proof he did. Jack said “well whatever, he can stay anyway.” Only after he annoyed Jack personally did he get banned.

Actually, the policy says that the complaint must come from the person who is harassed.

Unless the restaurant already filed a complaint, the rules are being correctly applied in this case.

Whether they were correctly applied in other cases is a separate issue.

“The made up rules that they don’t actually follow clearly state…”

It sounds like it bothers you more when the rules are followed than when they are broken.

The fact is that no institution follows its own rules all of the time. The solution is to try to follow them more often, as opposed to complaining when they aren’t broken.

Out of curiosity, do you have cite for this?

I will. I had something happen when I was young. I remember it in very great detail. How old I was, how old they were, their name, what I was doing before and after, how they acted about it, etc.

I believe her. It bothered her enough that she went to therapy and talked about it. It bothered her enough that she brought it up during the investigation of a new Supreme Court nominee.

People do indeed mis-remember or get clouded memories of past events. But as you mentioned, there are times when things make a bookmark on your past. You can’t forget them.