The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

This.

Maybe, it seems like that is pretty critical piece of information for the therapist to have misunderstood. I’d be interested in hearing from therapists on how often the occurs.

I wanted to spin back to this article again as well, as we shouldn’t forget what happened to women under Ken Starr while he was President @ Baylor:

The investigation by Pepper Hamilton found that two Baylor administrators, who were unnamed in the report, discouraged complainants from reporting or participating in student-conduct processes, “or that contributed to or accommodated a hostile environment.”

“In one instance,” the investigation found, “those actions constituted retaliation against a complainant for reporting sexual assault.”

Ah, you’re an expert on therapy now? Tell me, for a therapist, why would the number of boys involved in the attempted assault be particularly interesting? Once we’ve established that it was more than one, and that the patient was overwhelmed and frightened for her life, what would be the therapeutic value of the actual number? How would it be critical to helping the patient deal with the trauma?

I mean, this is the leap you’re making:

It is a critical piece of information → no therapist would get it wrong → therefore Ford is wrong and can’t remember the event clearly → therefore she’s wrong when she says Kavanaugh was the assailant → therefore order the curtains for his office.

So, support that first premise on which everything else hangs. I’ll wait.

In either circumstance, she was allegedly assaulted by multiple people. The treatment would essentially be the same. Important caveat; despite my schooling, I was in research and not in clinical. I got the training, but not the experience.

Here’s a short piece collectively written by some prosecutors outlining what they see as the strength’s of Ford’s case and why it’s stronger than the typical “he said/she said”.

It’s a nice snapshot of how this looks legally. Does any of that move the needle for you, Strollen?

-Tom

Thanks, I was curious about meticulous therapist are about keeping notes. It would seem to me that in order to build trust in your patient that you are listening carefully, you be very careful. So you’d we want to avoid mistake like no it was my Aunt, not my Grandmother that always told me I was pretty/or ugly. If the next session start with can you describe your 4 attackers, and she no it was only two. I’d think the therapist would go back and correct her notes. But maybe since it was couple therapy it was never revisited.

This is actually quite possible. And yes, being accurate is important and trust is vital. Unfortunately, accuracy can be challenging as a therapist will typically not initiate discussion of traumatic events except in very specific circumstances. This in turn limits the opportunities to make corrections.

Not therapists, but…

What are the chances a trained medical (edit to add:) doctor would perform a strep test and not record the result in the medical record at all? What are the chances a trained nurse would administer a flu vaccine and fail to record it in the medical record at all? Etc. The answer would be: I’ve actually seen both of those things, and much more.

Like every human being ever, therapists and RNs and MDs etc etc are all fallible.

I was going to say you would be surprised, but you already know. And the more surprising part about this is how much both will bitch if you try to actually build a system that won’t allow them to forget. Suddenly, it’s just working against them, and it’s the reason why they hate practicing medicine. I guess the rest of us could just keep getting the same shot over and over again.

What are the odds of a surgeon amputating the wrong limb? To the point that it is common to mark the limb with THIS ONE and NOT THIS ONE?

And what are the odds that they still cut the wrong one off?

America, 2018.

Dr. Blasey, thrust suddenly into a spotlight that she never sought, has been inundated with vulgar email and social media messages, and even death threats, according to a person close to her, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a private matter. “From what I’ve heard you have 6 months to live, you disgusting slime,” one message said.

Dr. Blasey, who has two teenagers, has moved out of her house, is arranging for private security for herself and her family, and is effectively in hiding, the person said. But Dr. Blasey has also been buoyed by a flood of supportive messages from friends and strangers.

I believe the correct answer is 1/3.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/10/18/health.surgery.mixups.common/index.html

1. We need new data points. The modern EMRs weren’t really around there or at least not in their latest version. I would hope there have been… improvements since then…

Fair enough. I’m still going to guess that mistakes are still made. Maybe at or near the same rate.

I don’t actually know, but I would hope it is at least a little better. The older systems were a lot less cleaner, and the modern digital medical charts are more comprehensive and, if you ask some providers, annoying.

She went through 4 years of counseling to deal with this. So she went to counseling when Obama was president or before. Liars don’t do this kind of thing. It would make no sense whatsoever. I believe her 100%. In the case of the doctor you mention, he may well have been innocent, and in that case he needs to be fully vindincated by the press that wrote so it it before.

Thanks for the supportive comments below.

As mentioned, it’s time to remove this as I’d rather not have this out there any longer.

Oh hell, JP. That had to be hard to write. PM me if you need to.