The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

He dog whistled, but he also said shit like this:

There is a reason the racists are loving Trump so much. He doesn’t even dog whistle and he sure as hell doesn’t denounce them.

Every few months I like to revisit Masha Gessen’s ‘Autocracy: Rules for Survival’ to see how we’re getting on. We’re still on track , slowly but surely:

https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2016/11/10/trump-election-autocracy-rules-for-survival/

On track to survive, or to have an autocracy?

Murkowski is basically an independent at this point.

She was primaried, lost the primary, and only got re-elected via a write-in campaign because her constituents like her more than they like the GOP.

Sadly, the latter.

imma stop you right there

You guys need to really step off the crazy “Reagan was as bad as Trump” platform. That’s not a smart play.

Most people don’t hate Reagan. When you say stuff like “Trump’s bad, but every other Republican president was also just as bad,” it doesn’t help your case. It makes it all the more reason to to just ignore you.

Focus on Trump.

Also, “All GOP members are nazis, and all their voters are racists.”

It’s untrue, it feeds into the partisanship on which Trump thrives, and it makes us look like unhinged outrageaholics.

It might be exasperating for college graduates, but Trump’s mangling of the English language and his fifth grade way of expressing himself has helped him form a strong bond with a lot of people who actually want a president that doesn’t challenge them intellectually.

Yeah Reagan was a piece-of-shit for special and unique reasons only attributed to him. No reason to link the two.

So what? I’m not trying to convince most people, I’m just talking about what was true about Reagan,

Unless you’re one of those people who claim they’ll vote for the fascists just because the libs made them angry, I don’t really understand your complaint. Is it that you don’t think Reagan ran a racist campaign and implemented racist policies, or is it that you do think that but don’t want anyone to say it?

Most people are stupid. And ignorant. And lazy.

Of course not. They’re fascists.

The party is getting small enough that it will actually be true before long.

… And the GOP movement to repeal the 19th Amendment starts in 5, 4, 3 …

Eh, Clinton had a huge advantage in women going into 2016… and then white women voted for Trump anyway.
Seems like a bunch of women know that it’s fucked up that they support these guys, but they can’t help themselves.