The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

I, quite honestly, don’t think they have ever tried.

Funny enough, if I were a Facebook asshole I would throw a Proverb up with a pic of Trump …

There are six things that the Lord hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil, a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers.

So, really, Trump is the, “more Christian,” candidate?

Old Testament doesn’t count. If the New Testament says it, Jesus didn’t mean it that way.

There’s an answer for everything.

True, I think the New Testament also covers private jets for the clergy and a few other items as well.

Tax havens for yaughts is in there. Matthew 28:17 or something

You mean “no gayz” and “by not mentioning abortion I mean to strongly imply that all abortions are murder”?

You are joking, but Mathew 22: 36-40 clearly states what Jesus believes are the most important commandments.

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

38 This is the first and greatest commandment.

39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’

40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

You can’t love God without loving his creation. Hate has no role in the Christian faith.

Whoever claims to love God yet hates a brother or sister is a liar. For whoever does not love their brother and sister, whom they have seen, cannot love God, whom they have not seen.

John 4:20

Brown people aren’t my neighbors or brothers.

-Christians

I believe they define ‘neighbor’ almost literally. — the other people in their local community. Their neighbors will generally be the same demographics.

Neither party has an exclusive on empathy, but conservatives tend to apply it much more narrowly. Their tribe is the people around them, not ‘Americans’ or fellow human beings.

Christianity isn’t scalable, that’s the problem!

Man, all this talk about loving your brother, sister, neighbor, etc. sounds like an awesome basis for a belief system. These GOP Christians should look into this.

Frederick Douglas called it back in 1845:

What I have said respecting and against religion, I mean strictly to apply to the slaveholding religion of this land, and with no possible reference to Christianity proper; for, between the Christianity of this land, and the Christianity of Christ, I recognize the widest possible difference — so wide, that to receive the one as good, pure, and holy, is of necessity to reject the other as bad, corrupt, and wicked.
Douglass' Narrative

1. You can love other gods if they own the libs.
  2. You shall idolize anything with monetary worth.
  3. You shall not talk badly about Trump.
  4. Remember Veteran’s Day, to keep it holy.
  5. Honor your father mostly, your mother should be in the kitchen.
  6. You shall not murder unless they are called out by politicians in rallies.
  7. You shall not commit adultery without an NDA.
  8. You shall not steal, rather, leverage tax loopholes.
  9. You shall not bear false witness against another conservative except to beat them in a primary.
  10. You shall not covet. You should have plenty already.

Douglass is doing good work, and getting more and more recognized for it.

The woman explained that she was contacted by a man “with a British accent” who wanted to ask her “a couple questions about Robert Mueller, whom I worked with when I was a paralegal for Pillsbury, Madison, and Sutro in 1974. I asked him who he was working for, and he told me his boss was some sort of politics guy in Washington named Jack Burkman. I reluctantly told [him] that I had only worked with Mr. Mueller for a short period of time, before leaving that firm to have my first son.”

She continued: “In more of an effort to get him to go away than anything else, I asked him what in the hell he wanted me to do. He said that we could not talk about it on the phone, and he asked me to download an app on my phone called Signal, which he said was more secure. Reluctantly, I downloaded the app and he called me on that app a few minutes later. He said (and I will never forget exactly what it was) ‘I want you to make accusations of sexual misconduct and workplace harassment against Robert Mueller, and I want you to sign a sworn affidavit to that effect.’” The man “offered to pay off all of my credit card debt, plus bring me a check for $20,000 if I would do” it, she wrote. “He knew exactly how much credit card debt I had, right down to the dollar, which sort of freaked me out.”

I think that just means a credit check. That should be discoverable I think? Especially so by Mueller and team.

… You might want to read that article again. Mueller and team aren’t the ones trying to pay women to say Mueller harassed them.

He’s saying that someone with the resources of the FBI behind them should easily be able to tell who has looked at this woman’s credit scores recently.

Yes, but it’s right in the name. He was one of ‘the good ones’! /s

So, it appears there is more to this. It seems quite possible that this whole thing was fabricated by a couple of GOP operatives in order to discredit–not Mueller–but the media. This is so weird.

EDIT: or maybe
https://twitter.com/AsherLangton/status/1057371059740127232