The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

World… DOMINATION!

I love everything about this post and it calls to mind my pet peeve over the very concept of evil as a label applied to people. Saying something or someone is evil, to my mind, is a cop out. It had waves away complex issues we’d prefer not to probe too deeply and almost lets the perpetrators of horrible deeds off the hook by blaming their unconscionable deeds on The Devil or by thinking of them not as terrible people doing terrible things, but as boogeymen who are only acting according to their nature.

Fuck that. People make choices and when people make horrible choices and do horrible things we need, one the one hand, to hold them accountable for their horrible choices and behavior and on the other hand, try to understand what drove those choices and behaviors. And when I say it’s important to understand what drives horrific choices and behaviors, I’m not saying we need to do so so we can excuse, forgive or empathize, but so that we can understand the root of these behaviors in order to combat and prevent them.

The Nazis weren’t aliens from another planet come to conquer us or demons from hell. They were super fucked up people doing unconscionable things. Everyone supporting and fomenting Fascism today must be held accountable for their actions. The devil isn’t making them do it. These are fucking choices and, aside from the sociopaths, these are choices made by people who are consciously deciding to do unconscionable things.

Not all, not completely, but this isn’t a ‘check every box to validate’ thing and more like a ‘you must be this fascist to ride this train’ kind of marker. That’s an enlightening list. I would say though that though the GOP falls into several of these buckets in whole or in part, the worrying thing is that a large portion of ALL Americans also fall into the belief system of some of these buckets, especially post 9/11.

Personally, I would say that The Republicans tick every box. On some of them, like state controlled media or fraudulent elections, they are still somewhat restrained by our institutions but those institutions are starting to fail and you need only look at Fox News or rampant attempts at voter suppression, gerrymandering, willingness to collude with Russia, etc, to know that given the chance they’ll go whole hog.

Bush Jr. won via fraudulent election and Republicans wouldn’t have a ton of areas if not for gerrymandering. It’s been going on for years and it’s bad.

On the ‘national police force’ front, Trump hates the FBI! Look for a Night of the Long Knives where he has them all purged by ICE…

Yet another example of the blatant bigotry in the Republican Party:

The opponent is Jewish. They might as well have copied this. Sure, there was no antisemitism involved here.

From deep within the fetid flesh prison of Zivixssul Hrissthariax, one can barely make out a hissing, hacking mockery of speech that roughly translates to, “Initiate Human Humor Protocol Beta Test Oh Point Four Five Alpha.” A clammy, eerily floppy hand lurches toward a keyboard, boneless fingers fumbling before clawed digits find purchase within them to offer guidance. Moments later, a Facebook post is made.

I think black magic is redundant. If you’re going to use Satanic magic, it’s mostly implied it’s of the black variety. Also, wth. People share this stuff and believe it? These people are beyond saving.

I just went and checked out GP. I like how that’s arguably not the most crazy headline on the page.

Republican judge stacking the deck for Republican poll watchers (I’m pretty sure she’s talking about Ed Emmet or Louie Ditta)

Our Democracy is crumbling.

At this point should we just call this thread, “The Republican Party of Evil Doings”?

It’s a radical Christian call to arms, outlining 14 steps for seizing power and what to do afterward in explicit detail. It calls for an end to abortions, an end to same-sex marriage, and if enemies do not yield and everyone obey biblical law, all males will be killed.

Look at him smiling in front of that flag. So American!

I tend to write so fast it probably seems like a poor choice of words. I didn’t have a goal in mind but that it seemed a bit silly to say a technocracy would be the “ultimate” goal of anybody.

Shea is a fucking nutcase. I grew up in Spokane. He wasn’t a thing then, but I’m not surprised. It was a weird place to grow up–churchy and outdoorsy, somewhat poor, lots of longhaired dudes growing pot in their backyards and slinging meth on the side, lots of conspiracy nuts, white supremacists, and deeply conservative evangelical Christians. This profile is pretty spot on:

I should also mention that Spokane is a gorgeous city filled with parks, with a great education system, a burgeoning art community, lots of civic engagement and a bunch of progressive organizations. But yeah, Matt Shea. Boy, howdy.

If they’re looking for a libertarian utopia, with all of the guns they want and none of the government they hate, that already exists. It’s Somalia. We could start a GoFundMe to pay their airfare.

I’d donate.

I think they’d prefer a white Somalia.