The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

I mean, if you like being clear and succinct, then yeah. I prefer bloated wordiness, myself.

20% is probably on the low side tbh.

You and I agree on something.

If 68% of Americans believe in an invisible omnipotent muppet, why is it so difficult to believe that 20% of them are flaming bigots?

Insufficient negative public and elite reaction? If the response to a candidate who says openly racist things is that everyone joins together to drive him out of public life, then the problem is solved. That has to some extent been the regime in democratic Europe in the post-war period and in the US since the late 50s. If on the other hand the candidate is celebrated and embraced by the media and elites, then the other mouth-breathing cretins come out of the woodwork and you’ve got jackboots and good-stepping and the whole act.

Them I get. Unless they’re still supporting Trump, in which case… not so much.

It’s definitely on the low side.

Kinda like the argument that the caravan contains middle eastern men in it. Like they couldn’t have crossed the border in some nice quiet way, no, they had to join thousands of latin Americans who would draw media attention, cops and the US military. Those ISIS guys are really stupid I guess.

You made my brain seize up momentarily, as I mentally verified that Farrakkhan was not, in fact, a US Rep.

I think you got it exactly right,. He is more explicit when he was interviewed on MSNBC

He feels it is his duty to speak up.

Former McCain and Romney Campaign Foreign Policy Advisor Max Boot.

This is very misleading. The current EU country with a harsher crisis due to immigration and subsequent harsher attitude (Italy) is also the EU country with the lowest number of non-EU immigrants relative to population.

Migration has indeed increased, but the magnitude of the issue (how much of a problem it is) does not correlate with the real numbers. Countries with most migrants tend to pool better when asked about impact of migration. If there’s a correlation at all, it’s inverted.

Not that there’s not increased migration due to climate change. But it does NOT objectively explain the rise of neofascist thought. It’s not the migration per se, it’s the propaganda around it (which, going by the numbers, does not need a lot of real migration to be manufactured).

Excellent point. I guess just like in the US, the political scapegoating of immigration has nothing to do with the numbers involved.

Let’s not forget to give Newt Gingrich his due for screwing up American politics:

https://www.npr.org/programs/fresh-air/2018/11/01/662858815?showDate=2018-11-01

This article with its both-sideism doesn’t do readers any service in revealing what happened. This page does.

A 3rd party reported a blatant problem on the website (you can freely access and modify files on the server, once you get past the initial login, by guessing filenames in the url). A volunteer at the Democratic Party was alarmed by the report and passed it to Kemp’s office. Kemp’s office then accused HER of hacking the website, and announced on the official Georgia Voting Registration page that they were investigating the Democratic Party for hacking the site (unsuccessfully, like they would ever know, LOL).

Pure scum without a shred of conscience.

Couple of weeks ago, Max Boot was the guest in PBS (KQED) Forum broadcast. It was interesting, as some of the callers didn’t hold back and mentioned all the years, when he remained silent, if not endorsing the despicable behavior. To his credit, he did respond to those questions quite frankly. You guys can listen

Boot’s recent book is terrific. He also has had more moral courage the last few months than everyone else in the GOP combined.