The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

And if we needed any further proof that women need to take over running the world, here ya go.

Of course, you thought they were the same as Trump. Seriously, we don’t perceive things the same.

And really, to be clear, given you think that, then of course you couldn’t think anything they did was ok.

But that’s so crazy to me, because to me, Trump is so obviously worse.

Trump is way worse than W overall, but is more of a raw force of evil than a morally conscious human. So comparing the two directly is actually kind of difficult.

It’s like saying, which is worse? Lying to your partner about cheating on them? Or ebola?

Obligatory:

Not me, but please do keep lumping us all together. I thnk trump is all of the bad things out in the open, instead of hidden behind closed doors. Trump is clearly immoral, narcissistic, and willfully ignorant, all of which impair his ability to actually get anything done, thankfully. W ransacked the country for the pocketbooks of his cronies (standard GOP for decades) cough haliburton, caused a whole lot of people to get killed, both at home and abroad, and left the economy in the worst mess since the great depression. W was effective, trump hasn’t been. So far.

I fully expected that W would be the worst president in my lifetime, and then trump said ‘hold my beer’. Luckilly, he hasn’t been able to wreck our democracy yet, and with the house in dem hands now, he may not get another chance. He’s unhinged and clearly a terrible person, both of which I would not say about W. These aren’t character judgements, they are judgements about the actions of the men and the impacts of those actions. And to say that somehow that divorces me from reality is laughable. I laugh. Ha ha.

Let’s review something here… The GOP gave us Trump. Maybe the people who supported those things in the past, those methods and FOX News shouldn’t tell other people what they can’t see and just listen for awhile instead of peddling advice because they sure as heck weren’t listening before.

It’s like running out of your burned house to tell your neighbor, who did not burn their house down, what to do.

The horse bit is amazing… But watching it, it reminded me, it referenced back when we thought we might have a war with North Korea.

Remember that? When the president of the United States almost started nuclear war… Over fucking twitter?

Remember that? Cause that’s so fucking crazy! And it happened. Like, a few months ago. And so much fucking crazy shit has happened in those few months, that i had FORGOTTEN that the president of the United States almost started nuclear war, over Twitter.

And that’s why the idea that anyone is worse than Trump, or that Trump is like anything else, breaks my mind.

Not worse than. It’s not a moral judgement about who is the better person. Think about it as causing actual damage through actions as president. W has arguably caused more actual damage than Trump. That’s what is being said. Can Trump take the lead? Of course, but he hasn’t so far, despite his idiocracy.

I think starting a post to a fellow Qt3 regular with the phrase “I don’t believe you actually understand…” is poor form. It’s a communication issue. I feel like a fight has been picked with Timex when it would be so easy to instead find the areas of agreement (yep, Trump sucks) and build from there (well, yeah, but remember W sucked too!) Then a civil conversation instead of tempers flaring. Emotions fuck us up so much and people aren’t careful enough in here or in politics.

Sure, but being told that you are totally disconnected from reality by a former GOP member isn’t exactly neighborly either now, is it?

The exact statement was:

I’d go so far as to say that I prefer Trump in office to Bush.

And again, that breaks my mind.

I’m not trying to convince anyone its wrong. I’m honestly just totally blown away by it. It’s like 2+2=5 to me.

And like I said, I think it’s just based on some really deep, fundamental difference.

I think he and you believe everyone is saying Bush is worse than Trump. That’s not true nor is what is being said by everyone. I asked you to clarify, and you refused. Timex wants to call everyone crazy, talk to him about poor form. He also decided to pretend I don’t exist, so don’t talk to me about how to communicate with people on QT3.

We could try to trace it back to where it started, but I’d rather just welcome the converted with open arms. Some of the best advice my dad ever gave me was to avoid the I Told You So’s and much of this conversation gives off that vibe.

But that’s the point. Trump is clearly a worse person than W, but he’s been a highly ineffective president. W was very effective, and we believe he caused great harm. Greater than Trump has so far. So in a strange way, having a clearly unfit president may cause less harm than 8 years of W.

Trump put children in cages, with the actual intent of it being so inhumane as to frighten immigrants away.

But honestly, even that, while so profoundly immoral to me as to be obscene, is actually secondary to the fact that he could permanently damage or destroy our country.

He’s not converted, he’s the enemy of my enemy. He says so himself. He doesn’t believe in the dem platform, but he’s homeless politically and has correctly ascertained that the GOP is evil, albeit it took Trump to convince him of it, and he still defends the people and policies that led to trump. So yeah, I trust him to help us all get through the trump crisis, but that’s about it.

No, this is not true.

Sometimes I’m tempted to pretend you don’t exist too for these reasons I’m writing about. You say you asked me to clarify but that’s not how it felt when I read your post. I felt challenged and like I was being given a homework assignment. Your subsequent condescending post confirmed my hunch on where you were coming from. It’s distasteful. It’s not hard to be friendly. It’s really rewarding in fact.

You have been defending the gop of the last 30 years and that led to trump in a very clear line. You still don’t see it that way, but you feel free to say that we are the ones who are disconnected from reality. You helped enable trump. Sorry to be the one to break the news.

I don’t defend the entirety of the gop. I was never a social conservative. Even before Trump, I defended the ACA, because I recognized the inherent issues with our medical system.

I think that you believe my political beliefs to be dramatically more simple than they are.

I asked you to please tell me what you think the counter positions are. So you want to tell me how to behave on the forum and then you decide to tell me you are about to ignore me. Look, I don’t think you understand all the positions, and you’re clearly not playing Destiny 2 right now. You are making an assumption about why I asked you what I did, but my position has not changed. I don’t think you actually understand the counter-positions. You can take offense to that if you want or you can send me a nasty personal message like he did, but that doesn’t change anything. I don’t think you understand what everyone is saying, and I asked you, with a please, to to summarize what you think the counter positions are. If you weren’t sure why I asked that, you could have just asked but instead you made a weirdo remark about playing a game you’re not playing.

So again, don’t school me on QT3 etiquette while someone else is calling everyone just like the Trumpists, you know the group of bigots an Nazis.