The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

I think people were just upset you were playing Destiny 2 and not a better game.

Friends don’t let friends play destiny 2.

200-ish posts in 24 hours! Oh boy! I wonder what’s going on in this thread?

Yikes.

Many mentions of ratfucking.

Let’s focus on the continuing evils of the GOP which seems to be moving in logarithmic proportions to infinity, and maybe leave some of the semantic stuff on the wayside.

Ha! I played for a month when it first came out before drifting away. Then last month I saw a review of Forsaken in Edge Magazine saying they’d made great strides and improvements so I gave it a shot on sale. I’m having fun with it. Love the co-op ratfucking mode.

Now they love felons I guess.

George P, Mike Cernovich, Laura Loomer, Jack Posobiec, and keynote speaker is Roger Stone? What a hot ticket!

I’d tell you but Rimworld won’t play itself.

“After a full day of questioning, two things are clear to me,” he told reporters before leaving the Capitol. “One, we could have done this in open setting, and two, when you read the transcript you will see that we’re talking again about Hillary Clinton’s emails, for heaven’s sake. So I’m not sure we need to do this at all.”

At least good news:

Republicans are quickly running out of time to wrap up their probe. The House is scheduled to recess at the end of next week and will not reconvene until January when the Democrats take control.

Funny, those were exactly my thoughts on October 29, 2016.

The only response to the first sentence about torturing people has to be a meme, but I am not good at finding them.

About family separation policy, I think we should tell hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who suffered permanent family separation, that the intention was to not harm them. That, they were just unfortunate to live through the shock and awe campaign which wasn’t evil, plain or otherwise.

Pretty much any “the cops only ever harass/arrest/shoot ‘the Bad Guys’” meme would work just as well.

I mean, we know that the people who experienced rendition to Gitmo and stuff were not always guilty. There is even people there who were held, determined they were innocent of the charges, yet not released from Gitmo due to the fear that having been detained there would have radicalized them against the US.

‘You didn’t do anything wrong, but since we did a bad thing to you we will continue to do so for fear that you now want to do bad things to us.’

So I say, with nearly 100% confidence, that people were waterboarded and tortured who had not done what they were accused of. Plus, from a purely pragmatic and end result oriented view, torturing people does not yield high quality intelligence while also causing strong negative reactions. Worse than ineffective, it actively harms your objectives by turning people more strongly against you.

So you think it’s OK to waterboard and torture someone who is innocent, as long as it’s just a few of them, or not the majority?

We all know that’s what occurred. We scooped up lots of people who were completely innocent.

This, plus it is a crime anyway to torture people you think are guilty. There’s no ‘oh but we think he’s guilty’ exclusion in 18 USC 2340, or in either the 3rd or 4th Geneva Conventions.

Falwell’s support of trump being related to dealings with a Hispanic poolboy seems a bit too cliche at this point.

This is a indictment of the hypocrisy of FOX News commentator and National Review author Andrew C. McCarthy, writer of Faithless Execution, which “builds the political case for President Obama’s impeachment, setting forth the broad range of his high crimes and misdemeanors and willful subversion of the Constitution.” It’s all crap, of course, but the important point is that he’s now arguing that there’s no way Trump could possibly deserve impeachment.

The headline is clearly meant to get clicks from the people who need to read about the hypocrisy of these kind of conservative commentators - the FOX News viewers and National Review readers who will read anything bad about Obama. Might at least get a few of them to read a couple paragraphs.

Yeah, the conservative punditry really is inept. Personally I saw a case for impeaching Obama ( for failing to enforce the law WRT torture and warrantless wiretapping prosecutions, and for killing an American citizen without judicial oversight); but in all their fulminating about it, neither they or the Reps in Congress ever went down that particular rabbit hole. Instead it’s always Benghazi, Obamacare, and generally being President while black.