The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

Yeah, if there’s anything that particularly needs to be a federal holiday, it’s federal election day.

I feel like it needs to be more than that. There are plenty of employees who do not get the federal holidays off. It seems like it needs to be a mandate of some kind, like any employee who does not have election day off must get 2-3 hours to vote or… you know, mail-in ballots solves that too.

the time off to vote is already mandatory, at least in CA

Everyone in the US should get a write in ballot. Then the whole day off issue is moot.

I’ve seen some proposals to move Veteran’s Day to line up with Election Day. That way there is no new holiday. Seems reasonable to me.

This would lead to unimaginable fraud, and you may as well hand the government over to the most effective criminal enterprise. It’s hard enough to keep disinterested and poor people from losing/trading their vote today, and that’s when the ones who get them mostly need to deliberately register and ask for one. Putting a blank ballot in everyone’s hand will lead to piles of ballots trading like pokemon cards.

Oregon begs to differ.

Washington State chiming in.

This is an unfounded fear. The massive fraud is just not there.

California has had them on request for a very long time. I think now they have even added free postage to them.

Mail-in ballots are the default choice when registering to vote in California.

Exactly! Over 3 million illegal votes thanks to California’s lax liberal hellscape.

I’m getting ready to drop my ballot off at the library!

Colorado here… Mail in voting has been very secure and turnout is up, especially amongst youth.

Every state should have it

I vote by mail in Utah. Of course, I’m also a female duct taped illegal immigrant from Honduras who votes as my ISIS handlers tell me, so there’s that.

You are all great people, but aren’t they still figuring out a problem election in Georgia specifically because of mail in balloting and fraud committed by one of the campaigns to suppress voting?

I don’t know. I just figured the guy/opponent running the show was corrupt, and corruption would have happened no matter what method voters were permitted to use to cast their votes.

HI NEIGHBOR!
98059 checking in.

Isn’t that rejection of absentee ballots due to a flawed signature system? I’ve been through the signature thing in Oregon. They didn’t reject my ballot. They did ask me to verify it. Georgia required them to vote in person or request a new ballot which is ridiculous. Oregon also tells me when they received my ballot. They give you 14 days after the election to resolve it and there is nothing tricky about it.