The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

At least under Trump, there is some truth to it.

The best way to predict the atrocities of the future is to create them. ™

Mao killed more - Hitler now okay!

Since we’re talking about kids’ shows, isn’t this an “ew!”?

(I know. Just busting chops.)

pls don’t kink shame.

Always projecting.

if they disband the Democratic party, where will they go? Will Democrats just stop voting?

They’re not real Americans anyway.

La Bastille

This is the same guy that canned cartoonist Rob Rogers last year, after he had been with the paper for 25 years, for making cartoons critical of Trump.

Ugh. Poor girl.

Mark Harris, GOP candidate in NC09:
I’m going to hire this guy. He’s got foolproof stuff to get me elected!

Mark Harris’ son: I don’t think you should do that. He collected absentee ballots last election.

Mark Harris: I know, he’s the best!

Mark Harris’ son: No, it’s bad. It’s a felony. You can’t do that.

Mark Harris: Nah, it’s fine.

Mark Harris’ son: No, seriously. It’s a felony. Here’s the actual law that it violates. You should absolutely not do this.

Mark Harris: I’m going to do this so hard.

This happened, and we know this because Mark Harris’ son testified in court today that it happened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/politics/candidates-son-warned-father-of-nc-political-operatives-tactics/2019/02/20/a1fbfecc-3521-11e9-a400-e481bf264fdc_story.html

Oh man, the look on Harris’ face while his son testifies that he intentionally committed felonies!

Good. I am sure the son would say “You raised me to be a good man, and tell the truth, so that is what I did”

Send him to prison.

I think you mean, “lock him up”.

It’s weird seeing actual moral integrity on display in 2019 America.

Yeah, I saw this earlier today and was just flabbergasted that the son told the truth. It made me feel a tiny bit better about the future of this country.

The cynic in me says that this was pre-planned.

Harris Sr. knows that the evidence and public perception of him all lead away from him being confirmed. At a minimum there will be another election and he probably won’t be the GOP pick because he’s too tainted.

Also, he knows that he isn’t going to actually go to jail for the ballot-collector’s crimes. Unless there is a ridiculously-stupid email somewhere where he says “go off an commit that felony!”, he can plausibly say that he suspected the guy did shady stuff in the past, but he didn’t see any DIRECT evidence during his campaign. Worst-case, he has to go back to his lucrative evangelical businesses and live out his life in tacky luxury after a public scolding.

But his son is an AG with a reasonable political future… if the son isn’t tarred by association with the father.

So a good father might encourage his son to testify against him to the non-judicial Election Board (while also taking pains to note that he doesn’t believe Dad knew anything) so that Harris Jr. benefits from a political shot in the arm as his father circles the drain.

So this Montana legislator has some crazy & stupid ideas he’s hoping to pass in Montana.