The decline to moral bankruptcy of the GOP

They should totally pass a law that the acceleration of gravity in Montana is 1 meter per second per second.

Meters? What is this, Europe?

Pardon me while I go eat some freedom fries!

Gravity doesn’t exist, we’re all just held in place by our convictions.

Probably. It’s also probably a case of: “I’m not going to prison for your stupidity, dad.”
Because they had the information, to deny it would likely be perjury. Props to him though for doing the right thing regardless, couldn’t have been easy. Unless Harris was a really, really shitty dad, which is entirely possible.

The problem is it’s actually hard to work in a scientific frame of mind for certain religiously minded people.

So as a logical premise you can’t circumscribe the power of God - therefore whatever is today does not have to be out of necessity but out of God’s [grace, providence, ect]. You can’t say for certain that God can’t flip gravity tomorrow - God certainly could. We think and believe it is in our interest God not flip gravity, and God is just and good and would have no reason to flip gravity tomorrow, but it isn’t outside the realm of possibility.

The problem with that sort of thinking is that it makes contingent was would be necessary from a scientific point of view. So God could have made the world look older than 6,000 years, ect. This really muddles scientific thinking and leads to people being able to justify anything with flimsy evidence because they’re not 100% sure evidence is trustworthy or can’t believe science cannot be abrogated at the whim of God; therefore, Science is ‘real’ but not real.

There is no gravity. Montana sucks.

Hahaha the sucking force from Montana holds us close to the Earth. Not sure if you meant that explicitly or not but that’s funny.

There are a lot of people who mingle religion and science together just fine, including scientists and religious leaders. I know you narrowed it down by saying certain, but it’s important to point out.

These days I think religion is probably a smaller push-back against scientific proof than money, although enough money seems to make it pretty easy to sway people using whatever approach you want against it too, including some religious groups.

Nah, it’s pretty decent, other than the crazies.

South Dakota, however, fuck that place.

Yeah. :)

With our illiterate president, should we take his money away too?

Hey, he fed a whole championship football team at the warehouse for less than $200.

It was like retarded loaves and fishes.

This site needs an upvote button.

That should say Whitehouse, but whatever.

They will perform better if they’re a bit hungry. I mean, it works with the teachers, so why not with the students?

The horse’s mouth on that one:

… but that still means that almost 60 percent of our kids are graduating and can’t do the most basic thing we send them to school for well: Read. My bill would require that a school district improve their reading proficiency by .0001 every 2 years. In most businesses I would be laughed at for suggesting such a small goal. But sadly many educators act like I have asked them to storm the beaches at Normandy. Improve .0001 every 2 years. Basically, the standard is just don’t go backwards.

Sounds like he’s basically daring the schools.

Basically, the standard is just don’t go backwards.

…or we shoot the kids.